OT: New Toy

Well, I've started down the dark and muddy path, following in the footsteps of Nathan Collier and KJ Kate...

Picked this up yesterday:

Garth Almgren

congrats!!

Reply to
J. Sprauer

Gatrth that ROCKS!!!! I am going to get a Wrangler later this year. I have made up my mind that I need soemething that I can really raise hell in.

Congratulations, and welcome to the dark side!

Kate

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Scientists continue to work toward a cure...

Reply to
Blue Gator

Now you have to switch groups! Unless you still have a Mustang!.

Fred

Reply to
Fred V.

Two words: SPRING OVER!!!

Carl

Reply to
Carl

Wanna bet?

KJK

2O|||||||O5 KJ

heh...make me.

: > Picked this up yesterday: : >

: >

: >

: >

: >

: > -- : > / Garth - '83 GL V6stang Hatch \ : > | My V6stang:

|: > | RAMFM Merchandise:
|: > \ ~~ Ventis secundis, tene cursum ~~ /: :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

"KJ.Kate" wrote in news:tnFMf.33767$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews2.bellsouth.net:

Wanna really raise some hell?

Joe

dont start drugs dont be like krack junkie kate h u r c

Reply to
simpson4532

Aw, I'm never getting rid of the Mustang; too much sentimental value... I'm getting rid of the minivan instead (about time!).

Which reminds me: Anyone want to buy a '91 Voyager with 142,xxx miles in the Seattle area? It's got a class 1 hitch, A/C, runs well when warm, and it only needs an O2 sensor or two to run well when cold. Edmunds says it's worth just shy of a grand...

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Heh, yeah. Needs a couple inches, doesn't it? :)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

But... It itches!

Until a cure comes along, I'm going to need to do a few things to it. Right now the priority is fixing the cracked windshield and the half of the dash gages that aren't working. Both of which, I'm told, are fairly common problems for CJs and YJs.

Anyway, flat windshields are relatively cheap (especially compared to the back glass on a hatchback FOX Mustang!), and hopefully the gages can be fixed with a little troubleshooting, wire wiggling, and maybe some new senders. I'll know when my shop manual gets here.

Reply to
Garth Almgren

He'll get 5.5" from a spring over... a good start. :-D

Carl

Reply to
Carl

And so it begins... They say a Jeep owner and expect to replace every inch of wiring in his Jeep during the time he owns it...

Carl

Reply to
Carl

I expect to trade mine in before the warranty runs out *WEG* I still have 6.5 years and 62k miles to go.

KJK

: >> Garth Almgren wrote: : >>> Well, I've started down the dark and muddy path, following in the : >>> footsteps of Nathan Collier and KJ Kate... : >>>

: >>> Picked this up yesterday: : >>>

: >> Scientists continue to work toward a cure... : >

: > But... It itches! : >

: >

: > Until a cure comes along, I'm going to need to do a few things to it. : > Right now the priority is fixing the cracked windshield and the half of : > the dash gages that aren't working. Both of which, I'm told, are fairly : > common problems for CJs and YJs. : >

: > Anyway, flat windshields are relatively cheap (especially compared to : > the back glass on a hatchback FOX Mustang!), and hopefully the gages can : > be fixed with a little troubleshooting, wire wiggling, and maybe some : > new senders. I'll know when my shop manual gets here. : >

: >

: > -- : > / Garth - '83 GL V6stang Hatch \ : > | My V6stang:

|: > | RAMFM Merchandise:
|: > \ ~~ Ventis secundis, tene cursum ~~ /: :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

oops.. I meant "Can" not "and"...

Kate, I said a 'Jeep' owner, not a 'Liberty' owner ;-).

Carl

Reply to
Carl

Kate, isn't the 7/70 for just the powertrain and not the whole vehicle? IIRC, that's what most DC 7/70s are.

"KJ.Kate" wrote in news:s9qNf.10431$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews4.bellsouth.net:

Reply to
Joe

C'mere so I can pinch you.

: > KJK : >

: >

: > : >> Garth Almgren wrote: : > : >>> Well, I've started down the dark and muddy path, following in the : > : >>> footsteps of Nathan Collier and KJ Kate... : > : >>>

: > : >>> Picked this up yesterday: : > : >>>

> : >>

: > : >> Scientists continue to work toward a cure... : > : >

: > : > But... It itches! : > : >

: > : >

: > : > Until a cure comes along, I'm going to need to do a few things to it. : > : > Right now the priority is fixing the cracked windshield and the half : > of : > : > the dash gages that aren't working. Both of which, I'm told, are : > fairly : > : > common problems for CJs and YJs. : > : >

: > : > Anyway, flat windshields are relatively cheap (especially compared to : > : > the back glass on a hatchback FOX Mustang!), and hopefully the gages : > can : > : > be fixed with a little troubleshooting, wire wiggling, and maybe some : > : > new senders. I'll know when my shop manual gets here. : > : >

: > : >

: > : > -- : > : > / Garth - '83 GL V6stang Hatch \ : > : > | My V6stang:

|: > : > | RAMFM Merchandise:
|: > : > \ ~~ Ventis secundis, tene cursum ~~ /: > : : > : : >

: >

: :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

I bought the add on to cover the rest. Hell I covered the little SOB from head to tail. GAP and the rest. Sounds like a waste of money but for an additional $20 a month, it is not a bad deal.

Of course there will be things not covered there is always an asshole, oops, I mean loophole but for the most part she's covered, except for anything affected by mods.

For instance, in the next few months I expect to void the warranty on the CV joints and certain other suspension parts. They probabaly wouldn't be covered anyway after so many miles, normal wear and tear and all that.

: > KJK : >

: >

: >: >> Garth Almgren wrote: : >: >>> Well, I've started down the dark and muddy path, following in the : >: >>> footsteps of Nathan Collier and KJ Kate... : >: >>>

: >: >>> Picked this up yesterday: : >: >>>

>: >>

: >: >> Scientists continue to work toward a cure... : >: >

: >: > But... It itches! : >: >

: >: >

: >: > Until a cure comes along, I'm going to need to do a few things to : >: > it. Right now the priority is fixing the cracked windshield and the : >: > half of the dash gages that aren't working. Both of which, I'm : >: > told, are fairly common problems for CJs and YJs. : >: >

: >: > Anyway, flat windshields are relatively cheap (especially compared : >: > to the back glass on a hatchback FOX Mustang!), and hopefully the : >: > gages can be fixed with a little troubleshooting, wire wiggling, : >: > and maybe some new senders. I'll know when my shop manual gets : >: > here. : >: >

: >: >

: >: > -- : >: > / Garth - '83 GL V6stang Hatch \ : >: > | My V6stang:

|: >: > | RAMFM Merchandise:
|: >: > \ ~~ Ventis secundis, tene cursum ~~ /: >: : >: : >

: >

:
Reply to
KJ.Kate