OT: VW Commercial With Slash

Anybody see the new VW commercial with Slash playing guitar through the car stereos? There's even a little VW insignia on the guitar's fretboard. Fabulous!

Joe

VW: Great commercials, crap cars.

"Drivers wanted" was the funniest. If I have to explain why, you arent paying attention

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 11:51:22 GMT, Joe puked:

I saw that this weekend. I have to say, it really didn't showcase Slash's guitar playing. After hearing him play with G'nR, his riffs on that ad were kinda dull...

lab~rat >:-)

"lab~rat >:-)" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I agree, but considering that the guitars are being given away with the VWs, they may be POS and could be limiting his performance.

Had to follow up on it and found this:

Interesting ad campaign.

Reply to
Joe

It's just a marketing gimmick, of course, but at least they could have sprung for a decent instrument. First Act is notorious for their crappy "beginner's" band instruments that barely play. Sure, they're inexpensive, but that's because they're C-R-A-P!

Arlie

Reply to
Blue Gator

I wonder how the instrument compares to the "fine" Esteban guitar (includes free instructional DVD) offered on one of those shopping channels.

I actually stopped in a VW dealer Saturday to examine the 07 Rabbit as a replacement for my 94 Jetta. They had the guitar on a stand outside the car. Just as adveritised: VIN, seat belt strap, etc. Had at least one built in effect, I heard the distortion/overdrive one.

The car is very impressive. Forget the guitar and give me $$ off the car. I have to say that even when given VW's history of unique advertising and promotion, this one is a wee bit ....... strange.

Reply to
HerkyJerky

On 11 Oct 2006 04:59:57 -0700, "HerkyJerky" puked:

Maybe that guitar would be worth more money as a collector item in 15 years. It definitely would be if it were a Gibson or a Fender, or even a Ric...

lab~rat >:-)