"Commercial" Disco?

Is this really a "Commercial" Disco? eBay item 180080756118

The only commercials I've seen are window-less in the rear and don't have any seats either. The owner is insistent that it is a "Commercial" He says it is 'marked' as a "Utility Model".

Anyone shed any light on it? Seems like a good price.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

"Matthew Maddock" wrote in message news:v38wh.305$ snipped-for-privacy@nntpserver.swip.net...

Well its not a commercial is it? Why not ask seller a question?

Reply to
tiscali

Duh! I did - as I said, the seller is insistent that it is a Commercial.

I can't see that just by blacking out the back windows that it suddenly could be described as a commercial vehicle (maybe to buy through a business and avoid VAT??) Is that possible? What makes a commercial vehicle (in general) a commercial vehicle? surely not just blacked out windows?!

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

"Matthew Maddock" wrote in message news:8p8wh.312$ snipped-for-privacy@nntpserver.swip.net...

If your'e thinking of buying it, do an hpi check. The V5 will have it down as 'commercial'. something sus here.

Reply to
tiscali

: "Matthew Maddock" scratched his head and asked The only commercials I've seen are window-less in the rear and don't have any seats either. The owner is insistent that it is a "Commercial" He says it is 'marked' as a "Utility Model".

Anyone shed any light on it? Seems like a good price.

Matt

Same here and they have all been 3 door models though LR site lists plenty of 5doors put in windows and seats and you get to pay vat ain't the chancellor nice ( when not nicking from pensions )> The annual mileage of

22k smells like company car? 5 owners in 5 years wonder why ? Parkers shows 2002 at 40K miles private in good cond £9k- £11.6 cant work out what trim so it ain't that cheap unless the leather is a high premuim best to have a look at
Derek

TD5 Commercials are 5 door models, but all the rear windows (anything rearwards of the front doors) are blacked out. No rear seats, with a bulkhead behind the 2 front seats. The rear doors were still there for side access. That's not a factory Commercial.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Brown

On or around Wed, 31 Jan 2007 22:42:57 +0100, Matthew Maddock enlightened us thusly:

nope. presence of seats is the big giveaway. If you add seats, and windows then you have to pay the chancellor, as has been said. The disco II commercials did indeed have 5 doors, I don't think they made a 3-door one, but no windows in the back or rear doors, and I think the not-windows were painted body-colour, not blacked out.

so it's a con somewhere. not necessarily the current owner.

in Ireland, for example, it's much cheaper to get a commercial

Reply to
Austin Shackles

ebay 110086519740 is a factory commercial

Cheers C

Reply to
cnews

That's what I understand a commercial Disco to be as well.

As Ian pointed out, something odd going on. Mileage doesn't bother me really (the P38 had well over 200k on it when I sold it!) but lots of previous owners on such a new car is a bit of a worry.

Cheers,

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

Ok I possibly worded that wrong. It *MAY* have been a Commercial when it left the factory, but if it was, it's been modified with the addition of 5 seats, and the opaque windows have been replaced with normal items from a standard 5 door. The point of the Commercials was that they were a 2 seater, off road capable van. Could well have been it was bought as a commercial for tax reasons, then at some point modified to be a 7 seater.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Brown

In message , Matthew Maddock writes

I put the reg number into Micro-cat

Came up as a Disco II Commercial with cloth trim.

So it has been played with to end up as a 7seater with leather trim and clear opening rear windows.

Notice that the rear quarter lights in the doors are still black

Reply to
Marc Draper

Cheers Marc, all seems a bit too odd to me, and he's ignoring me now I've asked more questions. One the upside, after looking around I didn't realise the L322 had become so cheap....so maybe... :-) Mind you, I don't think I could bring myself to take an L322 green laning!

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Maddock

"Mind you, I don't think I could bring myself to take an L322 green laning!"

Hehe ... why not? I do :)

Reply to
Neil Brownlee