Paint Cost

Hi, I am looking at buying a 1993 mustang and everything about it is in goo dshape it just needs paint (the fender and bumper were replaced). How much am i looking at spending? I am not looking for anything exotic just a single color. Thanks

Reply to
Danny Di Galbo

John Wiebalk

OMG, do not take your car to Maaco. They are the absolute worst. You can do a better paint job yourself with a few cans of Krylon, some 2500 grit, and some polishing compound.

Ask around and find a reputable body shop and spend the money to have it done right.

Iggy '01 Dyna Super Glide '96 Mustang GT Convertible Keep your powder dry and don't let your meat-loaf. :o)

Reply to
SRQEagan

Reply to
Danny Di Galbo

I'm not trying to be rude here, but shops generally don't charge for an estimate, and it would be a lot more accurate than one of us trying to guess it.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Reply to
Danny Di Galbo

Let us know what some shops are charging please =)

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Reply to
Danny Di Galbo

Silly as this sounds Danny, start at the dealerships. Then, ask your friends, or family who they have had good luck with.Word of mouth is the best recommendation. When you go to a shop, ask not only for your estimate, but to see some of their finished work. Look it over carefully inside and out. You'll know if they are poor quality.

Oh, and avoid places like Maaco and Miracle. They are inexpensive and even though they can (sometimes) make a jb look pretty good in the beginning, the quality of their workmanship is far inferior to a typical shop. The reason for this is the production shop atmosphere and assembly line procedures.

Good luck, and try to keep from getting caught up in the flames.

Kate

| > -Mike | >

| |

Reply to