Bucket Seat Conversion from a 94 & Up to a 87-93 Questions???????????

I have heard talk that the seats from the 94 Mustang will fit in the fox body mustang...... Is this true or false????????

I am sure that you could get them to fit if you welded in studs for the seats. But I am interested in the bolts to match up, and still have the lumbar option available.

Thanks, JT

Reply to
JT

The fronts should bolt right up, but you might need to (re)wire for the electronics, if any. Shouldn't be a problem, anyway.

My cousin stuck some gray cloth seats (front and rear) from a '95 into his '83. The bottom half of the back seat needed a bracket fabricated so that it'd fit right, but it looks like it came from the factory with a black (carpet) and gray interior rather than a moldy red one. :)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

'94-98 Mustang *front* seats (maybe even the '99-04 ones as well) will fit into a Fox Mustang with no issues. As Garth said, there may be some wiring that will need to be done to keep the lumbar. Your car may or may not have a wiring connector already under the driver's seat for such a thing... some of the Foxes did come with lumbar seating (specifically '87-93 GTs or LXs w/ the nicer interior). Even some of the older cars had a wiring connector there.. my '86 Capri 5.0 had one, but nothing to plug it into.

Not sure if the connector will work properly. Check wiring diagrams before just hooking things up and hoping nothing explodes.

Physical mounting, though, should be a breeze.

JS

Reply to
JS