Ping SVTKate...

Kate,

I remember sometime ago, you posted a message about the one touch down on the passenger side window not going down all the way when pressed and that you had fixed this problem. What did you do to fix the problem, because I have the same issue.

Thanks,

Shane

Reply to
Shane Metzler

Hi Shane!

Open up your door panel, and look at the inside of the rear of the door. On the end where the door latch is. You will see the long threaded rod that goes up and out of the top of the panel with the lock button it. There is a wiring harness that is down in the door beneath that that is routed on the outside (outside of the car) of this rod.

What I found in mine was that the wiring harness (above) that connects the power lock module that runs that rod up and down was dragging on the window ever so slightly, right at the part where the window has a corner on it. It's in there pretty deep toward the latch and takes quite a contortion, a couple of scraped knuckles and a few choice expletives to reach it.

I rerouted the wire to the inside (toward the inside of the door) of the rod so that it didn't touch the window and it fixed it.

Though yours may not be the same problem I believe that what causes the window to stop is any kind of restriction. When it hits any resistance it thinks it has completed it's cycle and stops. Look for anything that my be causing this, a weatherstrip, a wire, any type of obstruction.

My passenger window still travels slower than my driver's side (always has) but at least it doesn't halt two or three times on the way down.

Hope this helps! Let me know what ya find ok!

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate (mobile)

Kate,

Thanks, I will let you know what I find out when I take it apart this week. Did you ever find another house, or did the people ever get off thier butts for you?

Reply to
Shane Metzler

Hi again, Yep, we did finally find a house! It is as close to everything we wanted as I think we will find.

We got confirmation on our offer this afternoon, talking to the finance man in the morning. With luck, we will be in by mid January.

When we get it all confirmed, I'll post a yippiee :)

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate (mobile)

Guess this means we all aren't invited for New Years Eve .

Gerry Ft Collins, Co.

Reply to
Gerry

Let's see, the places to go for New Year's Eve - New York, LA, San Fran, Tennesee.

Which one would I take?

Reply to
Ralph Snart

I can't imagine that you would even consider anywhere else... Tennessee.. of course!

Reply to
SVTKate (mobile)

Well, there is always the 4th of July :) Better BBQ weather anyway!

Reply to
SVTKate (mobile)
4th of July, agree, even be able to drive there with the top down and it will be far warmer than now.

Anyway all ....

Have a Happy New Years

Gerry Ft Collins, Co.

Reply to
Gerry

Wait until Summer before you plan that party. Being from the south, I know from experience that my idea of a 4th of July party is to watch TV in air conditioned comfort and eat some KFC (the heat is miserable).

But happy new years to ya!

Reply to
Ralph Snart

Good luck with everything. That would make for a great start to the new year.

Reply to
Shane Metzler