question about 65's

Were there any 65's produced that did not have the vin number stamped on the drivers side engine bay fender support?

JD

Reply to
Jeff Davison

walt peifer

Walt,

that's very interesting.

I have an early 65 fastback. Has a door tag and it matches the options, color, axle etc... of the car but no VIN on the inner fender. No signs of damage or any signs of a front end clip replacement.

Thanks for the poop

JD

walt peifer wrote:

Reply to
Jeff Davison

There should be a vin under the passenger fender and covered by the driver fender. You'd have to remove the fenders to see them, however. It's also possible that front section of the inner fender panel with the vin on it was replaced at some time. I hope it matches your paperwork. :)

Reply to
Mark