Questions on 1998 GT........Should I buy or not???

Hi All,

Well I found a 1998 Mustang GT for sale at a dealership and it's been sitting there for a good long while so I may be able to pick it up for half price! Here is the only problem...........it's an automatic! I prefer standard but if I can get the automatic to pick up and go similar to a 5spd then I wouldn't mind..............This car looks super clean.

It is yellow, has 100,135km on it, cloth interior and I believe the Mach

460. The want $12,995CDN for it but I will offer $6,500CDN. I think I would buy it for that much.

So can I infact do something to get this pony to get up and GO?! Any suggestions?? I am in no rush as I will wait and pick it up for dirt cheap!

Thanks in advance guys!

Reply to
Steph

Cobra Boy

Hi Steph,

I don't think you have any chance of getting it at $6500! Spring is in the air, and the cost of Mustangs tends to be high here in Montreal. Unless the dealer is really strapped for cash, expect this car to go upwards of $9000 Can, and probably closer to $11000 if the mileage is verifyable and it was never winter driven.

If the car is as good as you say, and the dealer is willing to drop his price, expect this car to be gone by May.

zëkë

Reply to
Zeke-baby

Hell...if you can get it cheap buy it! Then sell it for a profit...add that to the money you planned to spend in the first place and find something even better.

DP Pics of the cars:

Dinsdale

km bro.. not miles. ????

Uhhh... I've seen some automatic 96-98 GT's & they are nothing compared to

5-speed manuals sorry. You can throw some gears in 'em & get 'em up to par with a 5-speed, but...not worth it, IMHO.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Or if you DO get it for that price, there may be a reason. Remember, if something seems too good to be true, it probabaly is.

| > It is yellow, has 100,135km on it, cloth interior and I believe | > the Mach 460. The want $12,995CDN for it but I will offer | > $6,500CDN. I think I would buy it for that much. | | I don't think you have any chance of getting it at $6500! Spring is | in the air, and the cost of Mustangs tends to be high here in | Montreal. Unless the dealer is really strapped for cash, expect | this car to go upwards of $9000 Can, and probably closer to $11000 | if the mileage is verifyable and it was never winter driven. | | > So can I infact do something to get this pony to get up and GO?! | > Any suggestions?? I am in no rush as I will wait and pick it up | > for dirt cheap! | | If the car is as good as you say, and the dealer is willing to drop | his price, expect this car to be gone by May. | | zëkë | -- | '65 Fastback 289/4-speed/3.50s | '91 LX Hatchback 5.0/5-speed/3.08s (MIA since Feb'00) | '97 GT 4.6/5-speed/3.23s (the winter beater)

Reply to
SVTKate

If you want a 5-spd. don't settle for anything else. If you do, you'll regret it.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Okie Tom - TS #62

1998 GT Coupe 5-spd. 2001 Ranger XLT
bluestang98

Half the fun of driving one of these is shifting. I can't imagine having an automatic.

Reply to
Rod Williams

does it matter it looks nice in a driveway its a FORD u foctard

have you driven your ford.....lately

lmfao U GO GIRL

hurc ast

Reply to
klm52278

Sounds like the miles are a bit high to me. I might pass.

If it has been on the lot that long, there is prolly a reason

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top
Reply to
SVTKate

yup a 100 k on a ford= junk

hurc ast

Reply to
klm52278

That's only 60K miles. The auto can be made to respond very quickly. I doubt that you will get the price down to the $6K level but who knows. What city are you in?

Reply to
Richard

Thanks for the conversion Richard.

60k isn't bad at all, but I still hold with the old saying that if something seems too good to be true... it probabaly is.

Kate

| > If it has been on the lot that long, there is prolly a reason | >

| > Kate | > 98 Cobra Drop Top | >

| |

Reply to
SVTKate

Put 60K on my 98 v6 last year for a grand total of 130K miles before I traded her in for my 04 GT. She still ran strong too, rarely any trouble but at 130K I could feel it coming lol.

Reply to
AW

I only put 4k on mine last year, she has 70k total.

Kate

98 Cobra Drop Top

| > If it has been on the lot that long, there is prolly a reason | >

| > Kate | > 98 Cobra Drop Top | | Put 60K on my 98 v6 last year for a grand total of 130K miles before I | traded her in for my 04 GT. She still ran strong too, rarely any trouble | but at 130K I could feel it coming lol. |

Reply to
SVTKate

I used to put more than 4K miles on her every 5 weeks before I changed jobs. 165 miles round trip 5 days a week will take it's toll on a car, but that car never let me down. :-)

-Andrew

Reply to
AW