96GT susp. ?

My coupe seems to have "settled" an inch or two...understandable after nine years and 53K miles. I have to jack 'er up slightly to get my oil drain pan to fit underneath. Not original tires certainly, but same size/profile. I don't notice any bouncing/flouncing around or real obvious handling problems. What do you think I should do? Replace struts/shocks and/or springs? All four corners? Thanks all.

Reply to
tom

If your happy with it the way it don't worry about it. However if you want/need to do some work to the suspension I would suggest the FRPP kit m-5400-a or otherwise known as the Bullitt kit. For around $400 you get shocks, struts, springs, and swaybars. Its amazing what it will do for an aging SN95. I put it on my 95 last spring and I'm still smiling. by design it will lower the car 3/4-1" so you will still have to jack it up for oil changes, but the first time you blast thru a set of curves you won't care.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

Well, the sag is because the springs have lost their strength. Struts and shocks do not affect sag. I've never seen it really on sn95's that they start to sag, did you transport a lot of cargo with this car ? Especially after 53K that should not happen. It can't hurt to replace the shocks and struts, the oem's loose their strength pretty quickly. The kit maddawg suggested is pretty good. It drops the car 3/4 inch compared to stock, in your case it might actually raise it a bit or stay the same. Handling will be improved for sure.

If you're pretty handy check out the article on either mustangworld or stangnet. You can replace shocks/struts yourself, I did it on my 95GT and it wasn't bad at all.

Rein