shocks & struts for 96 GT Convertible - cost?

Hey gang -

I'm wondering what it will cost, parts & labor to get new shocks & struts on my 96 Mustang GT Convertible? I'm not looking for any special performance. I don't want cheap parts, either. If I can have equal (or slightly better) to when I first bought my car I'll be happy. Someone suggested Monroe is a good brand for me and may even be superior to what Ford would install. Advice?

Thanks!

Reply to
Scotter

If I was doing it I'd go with the Bullitt setup, oh wait I did. That gives you four struts, springs, and matched sway bars for less than $450 delivered (mine was $416 from Summit). The rear can be done with simple hand tools and a floor jack. The front is a little more work, and an impact wrench will make things a lot easier. Even if you did the back yourself and had the paid for the front to be changed it shouldn't be to bad. It will lower the car about 3/4" and the handling is greatly improved without giving up ride quality. This is the way they should have came from the factory.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

Do you have any idea what summits' part number is for the Bullitt suspension package, or is it a Ford number? I just tried to find it on the Summit website and couldn't, thanks.

Reply to
Dennis

You'll need to get it from Ford. Call Randy Stinchcomb at Liberty Ford (MD) 410-655-2000 parts ext 404 He's a great guy and knows his stuff. He should be able to hook you up with decent pricing too.

Reply to
Keith

Thanks for the help Keith.

Reply to
Dennis

Ford racing part number M5400a. Any Ford Racing dealer should be able to get it. If you want to use Summit jusxt put that number into the manufactures part number search.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 09:54:17 -0500, "MadDAWG" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Directly from

FMS-M-5400A Handling Kit 94-03 Mustang Incl. Springs/Sway Bars/Shocks/Struts $410.39. In stock an available for immediate shipment.

-- "Y'know I remember when things were a lot more fun around here When good was good and evil was evil Before things got so fuzzy"

Don Henley, The Garden of Allah

Reply to
ZombyWoof

I bought some "take off" 2003 GT shocks and struts for $70 on eBay. These are never before used as it was off of a new car that was getting upgraded parts before the owner was taking it. I think that I paid $35 to have them shipped so about $105 for new 2003 shocks & struts seems like a pretty good deal for Ford OEM parts.

Reply to
Vellines