Re: My hood latch problem

AAAAAAA men !

Message > Block Sender > Ok

*plonk*

3 clicks and a voice from the past is now history !

Looks like you said you measured from the back of the hood to the latch..... > Looks like I said measure from the cowl panel to the back of the hood. It > appears that you are dense enough not to see the difference and even dense > enough to piss on the people trying to help you. > > voice from the past is indeed going to be in the past... Good day young > fellow. > > > -- > Jim Warman > snipped-for-privacy@telusplanet.net > > > > No, your post says you measured 42.5 from the back of the hood to the > latch. > > > > >> "I have > > > > moved the adjustment bolts to maxed out position back, which makes it > > > > creak when you open it: half inch short." > > > > Looks like I said it to me... YOU READ IT. > > > > > > > Jim's post (if you read it) says to measure from the COWL to the HOOD.. > a > > > measurement more likely to be between 1/8 to 1/2 "... > > > > What has this comment got to do with mine, and how do you suppose that > > I didn't read it by anything that I said. Pretty loopy... > > > > > > > > what he's saying is you can kinda judge from the gap at the back of the > hood > > > if it is halfway lined up.... > > > > You mean, like I said I did? > > > > > Your other possibility is that the CORE SUPPORT is bent, > > > > The hood isn't bent. What is the "core" if it isn't part of the hood. > > > > >which is why you > > > can't line up the latch. If you can't get it to fit by loosening / > > > adjusting the hood as mentioned, you might look closer at that. > > > > > > > Exactly as I mentioned, if you'll read it. > > > > > Worst case though you can ship it up as you suggested using fender > washers > > > if that will get you lined up. Be CAREFUL not to get your hood locked > down > > > to where you cant open it !! > > > > > > > > > > Those hinges go into the firewall area, and I'm still wondering if I > > can't adjust them somehow. > > > > voice from the past > >
Reply to
Chief Wiggum