Re: Reducing weight

I have been thinking about how reducing weight can improve

>performance. Let's say you bought a performance car and looked for >all the things you can do to reduce weight, wouldn't you save about >100 pounds if you took out the empty front seat and also left the >spare tire at home? How much performance do you think you will gain >by doing that? >

You want to know what weight reduction can do for your car? Check this website out:

It may be long but it's WELL worth the read! I loved it!

bill '64.5: 260, 3 sp, a/c, SVO cam, Performer intake, Holley 390, Pertronix, Hi-Po exhaust, 1.5" front & 1" rear drop, Jacobs wires, Torq Thrust D's

*SOLD* 66: '93 5.0, etc.

Colt AR15, Sig P220, Moss. 590A1, Marlin 70P

Reply to
bill
** Another note; adding weight in the form of frame connectors or strut tower ** braces etc are more than worth the extra weight due to the added handling ** and traction increases.

Agreed! I offet this by installing an aluminum driveshaft and removing the cast iron differential dogbone.

Regards,

-JD

--------------------------------- JD's Locally-Famous Mustang Page: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams---------------------------------

Reply to