Rear Sway Bar Bushing Install???

Anyone have an easy way to get the poly bushings on a rear P-S-T sway bar?

The p-s-t bar flares at the end for the link to attach... ___ _____________/ \___ _____________ O ___! \___/

The bushing is a tight fit on the main bar, but slipping it past where the link attaches is asking for a miracle. :0)

Reply to
Spike

Fire?

Reply to
Jeff Mayner

Already thought of.... the metal might survive but the bushings would be running all over the place. :0)

Reply to
Spike

Yeah, take it to a shop. Sorry I couldn't resist. ;)

Reply to
Michael Johnson

I was ready to give up on slipping a poly-bush-lined link past the bend in an ADDCO bar, when in one final attempt I clamped the bar vertically in a vise, lubricated the bushing with silicone spray, and pretty much hanged my body weight (considerable) on the link while working it radially. I was relieved when it slipped around the bend. Second link was the same but without all the song-and-dance of trying what didn't work.

Reply to
Frank ess

Gee, now why didn't I think of that? Oh, wait! I did! And they wanted $75.00. Seriously, I did think of that but wanted to see if I was missing some little trick to it before I took it to a shop only to see them do something extremely simple.

Reply to
Spike

I'm glad you took my comment the way I meant it, in jest. The shop probably has a tool that will make quick work of it that the amateur can't justify buying.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

I take most things in life with humor.... sometimes warped humor, but humor just the same.

Now, that's not warped warped like a sicko warped, but warped warped like an offbeat sense of humor warped. It came with the law enforcement job :0), and is also issued to EMTs, doctors, nurses, military personnel, etc, as an emotional/mental survival tool. :0)

I knew there was a possibility of some special tool, but it never hurts to ask. Figured somebody might come up with an idea like cut the bar, slip on the bushings and weld the bar back together. :0)

Reply to
Spike