Installing New Sway Bar Links

I just broke the stock sway bar link on my 01 TJ with a 4" lift kit. After calling around to all the local stores i found one that carries a Moog replacement. I have two questions about them:

1) is this Moog replacement going to fit with the lift kit 2) Does anyone know how to replace the bars? I can't tell if they unscrew from the sway bar or just slide out by hitting them with a hammer or what.

Thanks for any help!

Reply to
Joseph.Devore

If your ride and 4" lift are just for looks, please ignore this message.

If you have a 4" lift, you should NOT have stock sway bar links. You should be using quick disconnect links. I don't think Moog links are the quick disconnect variety, but are stock replacements. If they just replace stock, then they won't fit your 4" lift.

There are many different aftermarket sway bar links, and they all attach differently to the axle and sway bar. The sway bar has a flattened end with a hole in it, and the links attach using a bolt through that hole. The axle end might be a large pin bolted to the axle bracket, or the bottom part of the link may bolt on to a bracket.

in article snipped-for-privacy@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com at snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote on 4/30/07 11:33 AM:

Reply to
Paul Nelson