Recommend Cheap Tires for 98 GT?

I've had my 98 GT Convertible since it was new, and in that time, I've worn down a lot of Z-rated, low-profile, sticky tires. It was good fun, but now I'm a family man and not as flush with the free cash as I once was, and the Mustang is more of an occasional commute and grocery getter, and I just don't want to drop $700 or more on new rubber.

Can anyone recommend a set if inexpensive, long-lasting, umm... "moderate" performance tires for my car?

Thanks, Dave J

PS -- If you're in SF Bay Area and are dying to own a blue 95k miles

98 GT Conv in perfect mechanical condition, non-leaking top, and "good" appearance, shoot me an email.
Reply to
Dave J

Yokohama.....best all-around tire I've ever had on my '96 GT.

Reply to
TM

Use tirerack.com to explore your options.

I like BF Goodrich, myself. I've used their Comp T/As for years, recently switched over to the KDWS (great tire). For my '93 convertible, I just replaced those with the Traction T/A, but I can't recommend them. They came in at about $105 apiece, but they feel ... mushy to me, like the sidewall isn't stiff enough or as stiff as I'm used to. Good all around touring tire, but I don't really trust them in performance situations.

dwight

dwight

I'd try a set of BFGoodrich gForce KDWS.

Check Costco, if you have one in your area. Price includes balancing and rotation as long as the tires are good. They also use nitrogen to fill their tires.

Reply to
jonezzzman