96 GT 4.6 Will not Start

I have a 1996 Mustang GT 4.6 I went out to run some errands today and it would not start. I just drove it earlier with no problems. It cranks over but will not start (like its out of gas) My mechanic stopped by and took a look at it. He says it might be the fuel pump or maybe a relay, he asked me if I had the manual and I said no. When he sprayed some carb cleaner in something on top of the engine it stated for a few seconds. He said I would need to tow it to his shop for him to fully check it out. What do you guys think, any help would be great. Also I'm going to put a couple of gallons of gas in it just incase my gauge is acting funny. Thanks for any info.

Reply to
Stepford

Sounds like he's on the right track, when you turn the key to the run position (not cranking) do you hear the pump humming? You may as well replace the fuel filter if it's old.

Reply to
GILL

Step One - Push the fuel pump reset button!

Reply to
C. E. White

in the trunk

Reply to
Dudly

@registered.motzarella.org...

.

quoted text -

Where in the trunk?????

Reply to
Stepford

messagenews:g42o2v$6g5$ snipped-for-privacy@registered.motzarella.org...

Right behind the drivers side tail light. Mine has an access hole with a sticker that says "it's right here" The inertia switch cuts fuel in an accident, someone can also punch your bumper and trigger it.

Reply to
GILL

Where in the trunk?????

Reply to