replacing stud?

my friend just bought a 2001 gt. well this weekend we where putting new brakes and rotors on the front, and discovered a broke off lug stud bolt. has anyone replaced one of these or know how its done? looks like the treads were crossed and it snapped off. not enough stud to hold on a lug nut. thanks for any help. mp

Reply to
Michael price

Front or rear?

Essentially, you need to remove the part that the stud goes through. Take it to a machine shop and have them press out the old one and press in a new one.

I'v tried doing it with a large C clamp, but that didn't work for me. Don't use a hammer.

Reply to
.boB

most tire places can do it

Reply to