Rides on TLC

Did anyone else see this tonight? It was that 67 Fastback that they rebuilt to show and sell on eBay,the FastForward Fastback. I think it looked waaay better than the Eleanors,not as outrageous,even if the colour scheme was similar.

Andrew

Reply to
me

Just a side note; The bodywork on the overpriced Eleanors stinks. I've seen two up close and I can't believe how shoddy it is.

-Rich

Reply to
Richard

In what way? I've never seen one up close.

Andrew

Reply to
me

snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com (Richard) wrote

Do you know if the two you've seen were Unique Motorcars GT500E's, or if they were built by someone else?

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
180 Out

Customized classic Stangs like the Fast Forward and the Ring Brothers' vert are supposed to signal the beginning of a new era of customizing and "street rodding" classic muscle cars. The funny thing about such efforts -- and you can put the Eleanor in this too -- is that they more often look worse than the originals, and never look a whole lot better. As cool as the Fast Forward is, I like a '67 Shelby or a slightly lowered, wide-tired, but basically unaltered '67 fb just as well if not better.

Not so with a street rodded '32 roadster, or a gasser-look '41 Willys Americar, or a chopped '50 Merc. The looks of these cars as delivered from the factory left A LOT of room for improvement. The classic muscle cars, I don't think so.

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
180 Out

Agreed .If they want the look of a modern car,why not just go to the dealer and buy one.

Andrew

Reply to
me