Real Source Catalog

I got a Real Source catalog in the mail today. It kind of reminds me of the old days when you would get a similar catalog from Rocky Mountain Motorworks. Was wondering how the Real Source can sell VW Logo Clothes and trademarked items, when the blood as been sucked out of anyone else that sold or attempted to sell any VW merchandise.

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures
Bill Berckman

Funny how Real Source bought out RMM eh?

Reply to
VWGirl

I got a catalog last month from Rocky Mountain. I wondered if it was a comeback or a close-out. Anyone know. Dennis

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

All I know is I know is Real Source bought out RMMW... I don't know what is to come of them. This info came from one of the TRS guy's brothers.

Reply to
VWGirl

To Anser the only part of your post that required/requested reply..........It could be that Real Source, pays for the right to do so.....................ya think?

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Reply to
MUADIB®

> Cincinnati VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures> >

Ben Boyle

Real Source has a license to deal in VW trademarked items. If you notice, they also sell items for the "New" Beetle.

Rocky Mountain went into bankruptcy re-alignment last year, and scaled down it's operation somewhat, but is now back if full operation. There's no business connection between RMMW and MADIRECT, the parent company of Real Source, which also sells aftermarket and reproduction parts for Porsche and Corvette.

Reply to
Alan Nelson

That could explain why their prices seem to be a bit higher than some of the other places. It would have to be pretty expensive to get a license, so that would probably knock out most of the smaller shops with a limited budget.

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures
Bill Berckman

recently i suppose... i just found out a week ago...

Reply to
VWGirl

Maybe I am wrong... BUT... My info came from a VERY reliable source... Mike Yager is the company president of Mid America Direct. Corky Yager is the owner of Sunray Bug's. Corky is Mike's brother... Corky told me that TRS bought out RMMW... either that or I dreamed it... maybe I am wrong :-/

> Cincinnati VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures> >

VWGirl

I remember a couple of years ago, when VWoA and Continental raided Rocky Mountains warehouse and took a lot of VW related items. As far as I can tell, if you want a VW logo hubcap, you have to buy it from the Real Source because a lot of the others have quit stocking it because of the logo. Remember the Wolfgang ad, where they had to put the black dot over the VW logo on the Bus in the ad.

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures
Bill Berckman

I have noticed that the Rocky Mountain Motorworks new catalog has mostly black and white pics in it, while the Real Source catalog has those beautiful full color pics in it still, and Rocky's prices have increase about $10.00 per part. I guess I will keep on shopping from Motorworks.com though. Then again I might give SoCal one more try. Hurrah! jp73vwbttl

Reply to
Josef

> Cincinnati VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures> >

Do yourself a favor and use

if they have the parts you need.. Exellent service, no inferior parts and easy comunication..

J.

Reply to
BergRace

I have no real knowledge, but the Real Source strikes me as a general purpose company with a big marketing budget. Do they really know jack-squat about ACVWs? I think not. If you call aircooled you get a human being who's got enough of an attitude to say things like "You want to do what?" and sell you what you need instead of what some fancy ad telling you what you want.

Reply to
jjs

Reply to
VWGirl

Thanks for the authoritative, expert opinion. Are they the ones who told you to adjust your valves every two years?

Reply to
jjs

Reply to
Ben Boyle

WTF are you talking about?

Reply to
VWGirl

Ben I do not know what you have always had against me, but I told you EXACTLY where I got this info from. I have never dealt with TRS personally, but judging by WHO Mike Yager is I would say they know about ACVW's. This would not be the first time that TRS bought sometone out.. I don't see why you think it is such a big deal. Motorworks went bankrupt and someone came to bail them out? Yeah yer right that would make NO sense whatsoever...

And for your info Mr. Know it all... I have no problem with AC.net!

Reply to
VWGirl