RT: 23rd All American Get-Together

The Good Guy?s 23rd All American Get-Together

Alameda County Fairgrounds

4501 Pleasanton Avenue Pleasanton, California 94566

(925) 426-7600

Auction from 3/18/05 ? 3/20/05

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike
*sigh*

But why Pleasanton ????

whatsername

Reply to
SVTKate

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

Why is it called Pleasanton? Well it is a pleasant town. Nice old timey main street with shade tree canopy and late model yuppie amenities. It's swarming with old baldy cruisers and Harley dudes and dudettes every weekend.

Why is the Good Guys' Get-Together being held in Pleasanton? Because that's where the Alameda County Fairgrounds is. This is the Good Guys' hot rod club's home court. Three Get-Togethers (all years allowed) and one hot rod show ('54's and older) every year. Although the Indianopolis hot rod Nationals and the Bakersfield nostalgia drags are more famous nationally, the Spring Get-Together is the longest-running Good Guys event.

180 Out TS 2
Reply to
one80out

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

Redding? I've not heard of that one. When is it? That place is HOT in the summer. Reno Hot August Nights dwarfs anything else. The Good Guys' Get Togethers and the hot rod Nationals have expanded to include Thursday and Friday activities, but mostly they're just the usual cars and lawnchair on the grass type deal.

If it's not raining on Sunday my youngest daughter and I will be down there with our light yellow '70 Cougar. We're always on the big lawn next to the double decker bus when there's room, or else way out by the Car Corral if there's not.

180 Out
Reply to
one80out

Redding is fairly "new" compared to the Good Guys and Reno, but it has been growing fast and BIG. We're getting the crowd in from WA, OR, ID, NV, down to the Bay Area, and getting better each year. The main is Kool April Nites coming up next month. There is a lesser one in August for Hot August Nites (hey, I didn't pick the names... ).