Rumors Resurface Of Ford GT's Return

Interesting...
-----
Reports of a re-born Ford GT supercar have once again surfaced in the
internet rumor mill. The latest rumors of a GT-successor came straight
from the mouth of Derrick Kuzak, Ford=92s head of global product
development.
At a recent press event in Detroit, Kuzak was asked about the
possibility of a Ford GT successor. Although Kuzak didn=92t exactly
confirm such a project was in the works, the executive more
importantly didn=92t deny it.
=93Well I think there are certain things that we don=92t want to talk
about in terms of four-year product plans, if that=92s okay,=94 Kuzak
responded to the GT question.
Reports of a re-born GT first surfaced last year. However, those
reports didn=92t exactly outline a model like the previous supercharged
V8-powered GT. Instead, those reports indicated Ford could transform
the GT into an electric supercar not unlike the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
E-Cell. By making the next GT a pure EV, Ford could avoid some of the
negative publicity associated with gas-guzzling supercars.
So will a new-age Ford GT ever come to fruition? We=92re not 100 percent
sure but we are encouraged by Kuzak=92s lack of a complete denial.
-----
Patrick
Reply to
NoOp
NoOp wrote in news:1861bb1d-777c-46a6-b7ea- snipped-for-privacy@v1g2000yqh.googlegroups.com:
Trouble is, the World is awash in supercars. There are over 200 makes of cars (sports) costing between $150,000 and $2M.
Reply to
Rich

Site Timeline Threads

  • A fleeing Taliban, desperate for water, was plodding through the Afghan desert...

    Ford Mustang