Rumors Resurface Of Ford GT's Return

Interesting...

-----

Reports of a re-born Ford GT supercar have once again surfaced in the internet rumor mill. The latest rumors of a GT-successor came straight from the mouth of Derrick Kuzak, Ford=92s head of global product development.

At a recent press event in Detroit, Kuzak was asked about the possibility of a Ford GT successor. Although Kuzak didn=92t exactly confirm such a project was in the works, the executive more importantly didn=92t deny it.

=93Well I think there are certain things that we don=92t want to talk about in terms of four-year product plans, if that=92s okay,=94 Kuzak responded to the GT question.

Reports of a re-born GT first surfaced last year. However, those reports didn=92t exactly outline a model like the previous supercharged V8-powered GT. Instead, those reports indicated Ford could transform the GT into an electric supercar not unlike the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG E-Cell. By making the next GT a pure EV, Ford could avoid some of the negative publicity associated with gas-guzzling supercars.

So will a new-age Ford GT ever come to fruition? We=92re not 100 percent sure but we are encouraged by Kuzak=92s lack of a complete denial.

-----

Patrick

Reply to
NoOp

NoOp wrote in news:1861bb1d-777c-46a6-b7ea- snipped-for-privacy@v1g2000yqh.googlegroups.com:

Trouble is, the World is awash in supercars. There are over 200 makes of cars (sports) costing between $150,000 and $2M.

Reply to
Rich