Shifter

Where's the cheapest, most reliable place to get a Steeda Tri-Ax shifter? Cheapest I can find is 179 and I can't even remember where I saw that at :)

Reply to
MustangMan03GT

That's about as cheap as it's gonna get.....

Unless you get lucky on ebay.

Stephan

Reply to
Stephan Rose

Hey,

I found the best price was at the following address:

Unfortunately for me, they don't ship to Canada anymore... if you happen to be in Canada,
seems to be the best price I've come across yet. Their website is useless, but drop them an e-mail or call and they are best kind.

Hope that helps!

Greg Browne '96 Vee-Siques

  • Oceanic Consulting Corporation *
  • Current Work Term 1 of 6 *
  • Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science *
  • Memorial University of Newfoundland *
  • Academic Term 2 of 8 Completed *
  • snipped-for-privacy@engr.mun.ca *
Greg Browne

Which tranny is in the 2003 V6?

Shane

Reply to
Shane Metzler

Hey Shane,

Your 2003 V6 has a T-5/T-45 transmission.

Greg Browne '96 Vee-Siques

  • Oceanic Consulting Corporation *
  • Current Work Term 1 of 6 *
  • Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science *
  • Memorial University of Newfoundland *
  • Academic Term 2 of 8 Completed *
  • snipped-for-privacy@engr.mun.ca *
Greg Browne

Reply to
Shane Metzler

I think I saw them on Stangnet's Partshopper.com for $169 recently.....

That shifter is the next upgrade I'm gonna do to my 5.0 as well.

ERIC

89 5.0 LX Vert 64 Falcon HT Hot Rod Project

Check out the Ford Engine Heaven!

Katmandu

No prob,

Let me know how it all goes - ordering, installation, etc.

I'm planning on getting the Tri-Ax before the summer is over (ie. as soon as I can afford it).

Good luck with it,

Greg Browne '96 Vee-Siques

  • Oceanic Consulting Corporation *
  • Current Work Term 1 of 6 *
  • Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science *
  • Memorial University of Newfoundland *
  • Academic Term 2 of 8 Completed *
  • snipped-for-privacy@engr.mun.ca *
Greg Browne

thats what I want to do...get it as soon as i can get some spare cash for it...I think I have alittle over 60 saved for it already...About 1/3 of the way there...Yea!

Shane

Reply to
Shane Metzler

I am new to the Mustang World. What is so special about this shifter if you don't mind me asking?

Reply to
Steph

"Steph" wrote in news:bged71$dpr$ snipped-for-privacy@dns3.cae.ca:

Not so much the TriAx, as any after market shifter. Gives you shorter more precise throws. Most after market shifters have a 2nd to 3rd offset that essentially makes the 2-3 shift pretty much impossible to miss.

Darren.

Reply to
Pheare

I hope it's smoother shifting than the OEM one!

The OEM shifter SUCKS! Mine is real notchy and rubbery feeling. Forget about speed shifting with one!

ERIC

89 5.0 LX Vert 64 Falcon HT Hot Rod Project

Check out the Ford Engine Heaven!

Katmandu

How does everyone like the PRO 5.0? I guess the top 3 are the PRO 5.0, Steeda and B&M Ripper?

Reply to
digimortal

"JS" wrote in news:TUSWa.5037$W% snipped-for-privacy@nwrdny01.gnilink.net:

You don't have to remove the console on the '87 - '93. I didn't. Ya, the the shifter boot screws at the front of the boot are a bit of work as you have to wrench them out with like 1/8 turns at a time. But still, less work, I would think, than taking out the entire console.

My tri-ax came with a 'shifter boot ring' that went over the shifter handle and rested down around where the shifter handle bolts to the base. This ring allows for the install of the old shifter boot.

Reply to
Pheare

I got the boot off just fine. I couldn't get it back on over the raised up part of the Tri-Ax and ended up destroying the rubber as I couldn't sneak it down past everything, even with the console loose. I ended up having to remove the whole thing.

Glad to hear you had more luck than I did. I tried everything I could to get it on without having to take off the console.

JS

Reply to
JS

I used a 1/4 drive shallow universal type socket to get to the front bolts and it worked fine.

Reply to
Joe Cilinceon