Sniff Sniff, Scratch Scratch?!!!

Just an update. I went and talked to the local police about the possibility of them helping me out with their dog. They said they'd be glad to do it, but they let me know that their dog is an "active" dog, and when it finds a scent it starts clawing at the area. Some dogs are trained to be "passive" when they find a "hit". They also said that it'd probably find many different spots in the vehicle where ashes might have fallen, places might have been rubbed with fingers that had residue on them, etc. The way I see it the interior of my brand new looking vehicle might end up in shreds! I think I'll pass.

Reply to
Sunset Sam

They only have ONE dog? Maybe a different cop shop.......

Reply to
SVTKate

Just some thoughts to mull over.....

Most departments have more than one dog, and not all are trained the same way. Also, you might consider a nearby department... or if there is a certified K9 training facility close by, you might contact them and offer up your car for training purposes (providing they don't train the clawing technique), and get a letter from them that your car was used for training by x number of dogs, and this is the result.

If you have a question about the vehicle, better to know and have some documentation than to get pulled over, and, for whatever reason have the car checked by a K9 which alerts on the vehicle. That could lead to impoundment and even confiscation. Also, something few people know, is that when the vehicle is hauled in, they can take it all apart looking for something which isn't there, and they DO NOT have to put it back together, or pay to have it put back together. If you want it back, it's not unusual to find it all there... in pieces.... tossed inside, or, if the owner is really lucky, in boxes. Many of the vehicles which are auctioned off are in that condition. Yes, you can save a bundle on a Ferrari or a yacht, but, it may cost a bundle to put it back right.

Still, the choice is yours.

Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country, I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it." -JFK Inaugural Address

Reply to
Spike

Look for one that uses smaller breeds like Beagles.

Reply to
ZombyWoof

Or maybe Chihuahahahahaaaaaas

: Look for one that uses smaller breeds like Beagles. : -- : : Please Don't Steal - The Government Hates Competition : : ZombyWoof : (take the dogs when replying via e-mail)

Reply to
SVTKate