Some POR15 questions..

Thinking about buying the Mix pack which has a few cans of POR15 and Chassis Coat Black.. My questions.. It says you can 'brush' it on.. I plan on doing the engine bay, and undercarriage of the 67.. If I DO brush it on, what will it look like in the engine bay? Not smooth at all i take it?

I assume I wouldn't need the chassis coat on the undercarriage.. Whats the worst that will happen to it, it will lose it's sheen (the undercarriage)..

WIll the Chassis Coat look glossy in the engine bay, and will it stay that way?

I have most of the undercarriage primed with DP50, but the floor pans are not.. DOes it recommend it be applied over primer, or not, or does it matter.. (because some parts it will be over dp50, and some it won't)..

How hard is it to take off, if it DOES start to rust and I have to start fresh..

Will the Mix pack do an undercarriage and engine bay.. lets assume I'm brushing (unless that is a ridiculous idea)..

Would it be better than simply spraying the engine bay bay and undercarriage with DP50, and then simpyl top coating with an OMNI paint or some such?

As always, appreciated!!

Reply to
Johnny K

It will not be all that smooth. The clear is the most smooth of the POR15 varieties. Top coating with spray paint, sanding smooth and top coating again may get it smooth enough...

POR 15 gets a chalky appearance if not topcoated.

Reply to
Brent P