Speed Calibration!

Good day guys, I got 4.10 gears installed in my 00 GT. The speed odometer is not reading the actual speed. I know SpeedCal is the needed thing in here, but I'm just too busy with school and work. I talked to some people and it seems like I need an expert to talk to. Can any one help me with tips about this part (function, price, installation, etc..). Your help is appreciated. I Mak

Reply to
mustangGT_00

There should be a speedometer calibration shop in your area. Probably used by the local police too. I was told last time I had an issue with calibration is to drive a measured 10 mile distance then note what your speedo reads, using the difference they can put in the needed pieces parts to make it read accurately.

Reply to
Les Benn

This method requires using your ODOMETER and is limited to the smallest unit measured by the odometer 1/10th of a mile degree of accuracy, combined with the operators level of accuracy. Basically ok as a ballpark indicator...

It is much easier to look up this already "know information" or go to someone who already knows it.

Is it a simple computer recalibration? Or are you going to pull your transmission and change speedometer gears? Or are you forced to choose to live with the discrepancy?

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

correct I meant to say odometer. The reason for the 10 measured miles is to get closer to cut down on the error since most odometers read only in 1/10 of a mile. If you really want better do it over a longer distance.

Reply to
Les Benn

In my case, I changed the tire size from 14" to 16", and now, the speedometer reads about 50 when I'm flowing with city traffic in a

35mph zone.

Anyway, when the cable was pulled to put in a new gear, it broke off in the tranny. Waiting on the new cable now. Then I have to go through it all again. The rear gear "seems" to be 3.80 or 3.89.

Reply to
Spike