Stumbles under Load

97 4.6 Mustang 75k. after warm up, stumbles under load. what would be your guess? replaced ignition wires; plugs replaced year ago.
Reply to
bill

Really too much to guess about, but here's my guess: Is the check engine light (CEL) on? You probably would have mentioned it if it was on, but have the codes read even if the CEL is not on. As to your plugs and wires...did you use Motorcraft plug wires and Motorcraft or Autolite plugs? Those are the only brands I would use in a Ford. The plug wires are more expensive, but worth it. Did you ever replace your fuel filter? From there, I would look at he O2 sensor and the MAF. After that, it's a big reach, but fuel injectors would be on the list also.

Reply to
Kruse

Air filter, fuel filter and clean the thermistor in the MAF.

Reply to
GILL

Reply to
bill

Gill is on the money... clean you MAF!

K.

Air filter, fuel filter and clean the thermistor in the MAF.

Reply to
Kate

"Kate" wrote in news:1vv5l.13222$YU6.2749 @bignews8.bellsouth.net:

Intake leak can cause this.