Tire Chains

I've been looking at tire chains for the Cobra.

I really can't be bothered with snow tires, what with swapping on and off and storage. It's very rare that I even get caught in a storm so I just want something that will let me _move_ over snow, if need be.

The impetus for this purchase was a storm last friday that left me completely immobile on about a 1% grade less than a mile from home. DOH! These tires just float on the white stuff. :)

If anybody could recommend a good set of chains to fit on a 275/35/18 tire, I'm all ears. The ones I'm looking at are Z-chains.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!!

Reply to
John C.

Cable chains are nice and light. I have a set of Cobra's for my Ranger and they role up neatly into a little plastic box. Got me home from ten miles away.

Reply to
GILL

I've "toyed" with the idea of putting chains on the Shelby myself, but I decided against it when I thought about what happens if a piece breaks loose. I carry a spray can of instant traction in the trunk in case I ever get stuck by a surprise storm. Don't know if it will work, but I hope I never find out.

John C. V. Delaware '08 Shelby GT500

Reply to
John Verdi

tire chains are far better than snow tires, but the cost is if they break, with the new plastic cars you might lose a fender. as it will beat your car to death in a few seconds probably before you can stop

Reply to
Les Benn