SVT/GT500 News

Well I've stroked my Joe Consumer perspective letter off to Bill and that is about all I can really do other then cross my fingers & hope. Ford could have controlled their dealers if they wanted to, they just didn't want to and probably even privately condoned the markup practices.

If I am not able to get what I want out of a next generation production muscle car from Ford I just need to sit back and wait until their exclusive control of the market is eroded by the reemergence of the Challenger & Camaro. Personally at this time I am probably leaning more towards a Challenger which will probably come in at an even better price point. All I got to do is wait. As opposed to Ford I'm not currently losing money by holding off on purchases.

Reply to
Zombywoof

Someone will always buy. There are way more fools with money who just don't care then enthusiasts who do.

What if it aggravates me to the point where I no longer by any Ford/Lincoln or Mercury products and throw in Jags just for good measure? Oh & tell those whom I have influence over to do the same?

If I was manufacturing a product to sell at a certain price point to my consumers and my retail dealers were hosing said customers I just might have quite a bit to say, like no more for you.

Reply to
Zombywoof

What's that about...? Really.. is "idly" wrong?... that's one of the tricky ones.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Reply to
Michael Seeley

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Yup, it's a free market. While I think Ford is being foolish and Ford corporate would make more money by increasing units sold (and deprive the stealers of a price gouging opportunity) that is the nature of a free market. If consumers don't like the prices, they are free to buy from another manufacturer. I can only surmise this is a bone they're throwing at the stealers in exchange for lower margins on other vehicles or some other quid pro quo.

Cheers,

Backyard Mechanic wrote:

Reply to
Ritz

As with all things, sometimes good, sometimes bad. Letting the Market sort things out might really be good for me, but bad for Ford in the long run. Then end up being bad for me because of loss of a choice, yet again good because of a new player entering the market.

I know Delorean didn't have much success addressing the sporting car market from scratch, but I also think many things in his business model were flawed as well. I really honestly & sincerely think there is a "good" market segment out there for an affordable high performance sporting automobile. It just seems no one has the balls to bring it to market.

Reply to
Zombywoof

With a 40k price point, I just might need to become a Pontiac guy again.

Zombywoof

Looks like a take-off of the Monster Miata that swaps in a Ford 302. Then there was the Mega Monster Miata that sproted a 302 with a Kenne Bell Blower. It was a true Viper killer.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Do you actually have a point? Or are you just intent on stirring shit?

If you don't mind being screwed by Ford Motor Company and its sleazy dealer network, could you please do that in PRIVATE and stay out of more enlightened shoppers conversations???

Oh, and if you are going to infer that you are someone, please stop replying to them, cause that makes you look really stupid...

Reply to
351CJ

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in news:oOmdneYD4qm2g77ZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I'd go for the the 600hp blown version of the Sky. Much more attractive.

Reply to
Joe

I'd have to agree even if just going for the Factory base model of either, the Sky is a more attractive platform. The base kit from Mallet is also about 3k cheaper on the Sky.

Reply to
Zombywoof

Who made the Monster Miata? Mallet has been in business for quite sometime now with GM products as their base platform. They've done some pretty amazing things with Vettes, so I don't think they are copy-cating anyone with their Solstice & Sky conversions.

Reply to
Zombywoof

Here is a link:

The Solstice is more manly than the Miata. It would be a nice car but I wonder if it is front heavy to the point it effects handling. It is nice that they have a 2-year, 24k mile warranty.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Wouldn't we all. ;)

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Zombywoof wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

And there's a 2-year/24k warranty to boot. Cool.

Reply to
Joe

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Maybe not. I know a guy who drives a Miata that says his car (stock) has enough power for him. Poor soul...

Reply to
Joe

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

They say the handling is awesome:

Joe

My point is that if you don't like what Ford is doing, then by all means you should vote with your feet.

I offered a suggestion for getting Shelby-like performance at a lower price point if he wanted a Mustang, but didn't want to pay the "Shelby tax."

I opined that constantly whining here about Ford's marketing choices in this forum was a waste of time and tiresome...and his efforts would be better spent lobbying Ford itself where it might have a minuscule amount of impact vs the zero impact of doing it here....over and over and over and over...

Cheers,

Reply to
Ritz

Odd.

I'm of the impression that Ford will sell every Mustang it builds, and certainly every GT500.

And I read a bit, too.

dwight

Reply to
dwight