T-5 in my 66

I just got my '66 coupe back with a brand new T-5 tranny and I don't have words to express how much better it is. It had a 3 speed manual that I hated from the first day I drove it. It is like a totally different car now. If you are even slightly pondering a switch, DO IT!!! Sorry for my enthusiasm but I'm a bit giddy right now.

Mike

Reply to
majcrash

Sounds great....that's something on my list for sure. What kind of clutch.... ummm, what's the word I'm looking for ... actuation did you go with? i.e. Stock...cable...hydraulic

thanks

DP Pics of the cars:

Dinsdale

I rebuilt the original linkage. It's amazing how much better it works when you replace all of the missing bushings. I've heard the cable replacement doesn't last very long.

Reply to
majcrash

Thanks. It helps to hear real world experience.

DP Pics of the cars:

Dinsdale

In my experience with the late model cars, stock Ford cables last quite a long time, but the aftermarket replacements either snap or wear through the lining in a very short period. Unless the cable conversion kit used a stock Ford part or a FRPP/Ford Motorsport part, I'd be leary of using it.

JS

Reply to
JS

So, how much did that conversion cost?

Reply to
Mark C.

what kind of mottor are you running with your t5? did the tranny bolt right up? what all did you have to change? i am int4rested in doing the same thing and i was just wondering. thanks

Reply to
mtdubvee