The stupidest tech problem by far

My #$%$ kids looped the rear seat belt around the plastic loop attached under the passenger seat headrest. The seat is all the way back and there is no way to untangle the belt from the loop since the mechanism keeps the belt tight unless there is no slack left. Now I can't move the passenger seat at all! I don't know if there any easy ways to release the belt from the spool. The only other option is to unscrew the plastic loop but I don't see any way to remove the headrest (to get to the screws). (My other cars have headrest release levers). I'm beyond f-- annoyed at this point. I can't wait to go to my Ford dealer and watch mechanics roll on the floor with this one!

Embarrased owner of 2000 GT ......

Reply to
Mark

If you can not tilt the seat back rearward you might need to remove headrest. You can raise the headrest and it might give you enough room to access the Torx (2) bolts to remove the loop. If you must remove the headrest, I have a guide showing how to do it in the TECHNICAL section of our website (see below)

TIM -aka- MUSTTANGUY "at" AOL "dot" COM

Musttanguy

classic. I hope we are laughing WITH you.

Reply to
Scott Van Nest

Unbolt the seat belt from the floor. Or unbolt the seat from the floor.

Reply to
boB

You can lift the headrest up enough to get to the 2 bolts that secure the seat belt holder thingy in :P. I removed both of mine. They are a pain in the ass.

-Mike

-- A happy kid behind the wheel of a 98 Mustang GT Cold air intake FRPP 3.73 gears Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter Full Boar turbo mufflers Hi-speed fan switch

255/60R-15 rear tires Subframe connectors

Reply to
<memset

Hey Mark, They guys have the automotive advice pretty well handled. The mom side of me has to ask... what did you do to the little people that did this to your car?

Some sort of retaliation is definitely in order. Sweeping the driveway three times a week for a month, vacuuming the car, same schedule. Maybe some other equally annoying and frustrating task so they know how inconvenienced and angry ol' Pop was and they remember to NEVER do that again

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

"SVTKate" done axed:

Kate, you're assuming the little dears are still alive.

House Rule Number One: Don't Fsck with Dad's Mustang.

House Rule Number Two: Fscking with Dad's Mustang is forbidden.

- Max - ======= Don't talk about Fight Club.

Reply to
Max C. Webster III

How old are they? If they're over 8 and you live in texas you should be able to get away with shooting them. If you're not from Texas, take a drive.

Reply to
Iconoclast

I was being nice Max, you know that. Or you SHOULD know that after all this time LOL

Kate

| >| My #$%$ kids . . . | | >

| | > They guys have the automotive advice pretty well handled. | > The mom side of me has to ask... what did you do to the little people that | > did this to your car? | >

| > Some sort of retaliation is definitely in order. Sweeping the driveway three | > times a week for a month, vacuuming the car, same schedule. | > Maybe some other equally annoying and frustrating task so they know how | > inconvenienced and angry ol' Pop was and they remember to NEVER do that | > again | | Kate, you're assuming the little dears are still alive. | | House Rule Number One: Don't Fsck with Dad's Mustang. | | House Rule Number Two: Fscking with Dad's Mustang is forbidden. | | | - Max - | ======= | Don't talk about Fight Club. | |

Reply to
SVTKate

Now the only thing that bothers me is that my wife saw this and told your story at supper.... in front of the kids.... You better hope they don't try this cause I will be really, really pis##.... you think that she would know better... I think that the best punishment of all is no longer letting them go for a drive in the mustang... I know that it hurts my kids!!

Reply to
memyself&I

Or just unscrew the radio antenna and....

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Naw... you might bend it. and they leave a helluva mark!