They Come in Threes

OK, so first we had Mr. Spring Thing in Canadia, then the Bitch from the Black Lagoon with her AODE. Who's going to be the next person to give us one side of an ill conceived and poorly executed wrenchfest?

Reply to
CobraJet

How complicated would it be for me to convert my Cobra to a 4X4 with a 30" lift? Oh yea, on an F250 chassis.

*snikker, giggle*

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

First, I have a '72 F250 you can buy, with dual tanks and 1 ton springs already installed. We can work on the rest later. All easy stuff, I ASSure you.

Reply to
CobraJet

I was thinking of adding a transfer case to my lightning to convert it to a 4x4. Believe it or not its been done. Actually, I wasn't really thinking about it though. I'm thinking more along the lines of a 427 with about 9:1 compression, some ported trick flows, a ported stock lower intake, and an intercooled T76 running about 15 pounds of boost or so. With a custom ground cam it should be a streetable beast. I will be doing all of this after I purchase a daily driver though. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Reply to
barbara johnson
*tilting her head to one side with a half dim look in her eye* Oh, I know I can trust YOU CobraJet.... 30" | > lift? | > Oh yea, on an F250 chassis. | | First, I have a '72 F250 you can buy, with dual tanks and 1 ton | springs already installed. We can work on the rest later. All easy | stuff, I ASSure you. | | >

| > *snikker, giggle* | >

| > Kate | >

| | -- | CobraJet | Thunder Snake #1

Reply to
SVTKate

Oww, my sides! That's got to be THE funniest thing that's been written here in all my years of reading ramfm. Ohmigod.

Thanks, Babs, for starting my day with a bang. Here's hoping that you stick around for a loooong time to share many more of these fascinating and pithy barbs.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

your welcome dwight and i hope tfrog is ok

Reply to
barbara johnson

Oh, look! She's following you CJ....I think the bitch wants to play fetch.

Reply to
Iggy

I would be remiss if I neglected to point out that it is more properly "you're", not "your". Stick around long enough, and we'll make a literate citizen out of you yet.

And thanks, but TFrog is going to be just fine. This is but the first baby steps in a complete restoration / makeover.

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Reply to
barbara johnson

CobraJet wrote

Golly, I can give you multiple choice:

  1. Just last Sunday, trying to lower the front ride height of a '65 Mustang, went to all the trouble to remove the coils, then cut off just 2" of same, lowering the car all of one-quarter inch. So off they come again.
  2. Trying to make a 625 cfm Road Demon work on an otherwise bone stock '66 C code 289. (Gave up in favor of a 500 cfm Edelbrock -- runs great now.)
  3. Installing a Custom Auto Sound USA6-CD in a '65 Mustang. Lousy radio reception, huge signal to noise, CD skips on most bumps. Sux big time. But too expensive to throw it all out and start over with a DIN unit in the glovebox, so we're stuck.
  4. Installing a Grant steering wheel in a '65 Mustang. Chewed up the OE turn signal mechanism.
  5. Installing power disc brakes in a '65 Mustang without reinforcing the firewall. Firewall flex absorbs at least an inch of pedal travel, gives an overall squishy feel to the brakes, and makes it impossible to lock 'em up.

There are many others, but I guess that's enough for now.

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
180 Out

LOL! They is fun to bait, ain't they?

Reply to
CobraJet

Well, of course it would be my own damn fault for trying stick something the size of a 5-cell Maglite into an 18mm orifice. Who could I blame? Maglite?

If my dick were the size of your brain, however, I'd be enjoying a really hot blow/suck/blow/suck job right now.

Reply to
CobraJet

It's the jerks who made the coils' fault. There shoulda been whacking marks painted on the spring.

Damn Barry Grant hisself shoulda called and told you not to use that carb.

Shoulda had someone like CobraJet install the mess, cheap bastard.

Yours was a Chevy wheel packed in the wrong box; obviously there's never been 10's of thousands of Grant wheels installed in Mustangs over the past 40 years.

Hey, those are the brakes!

I am of the firm belief that some people have "the touch" and most others don't. Where are you, Esquire?

Reply to
CobraJet

CobraJet wrote

180 out, of course. Where else would I be?

And whilst posting in the BB group I remembered another -- installing Rhoads lifters with an RV cam and open chamber heads. Ping city! I think that's the best (dumbest) one of all, so easy to avoid if only I'd asked someone who knows and not just followed the advertising hype.

180 Out TS 28
Reply to
180 Out

Yup; few mor yers hangin out in this group & Ill b literated 2, X

93 Kobra 83 LTD
Reply to
Patrick