someday the lift will come

Well......got some money saved up & was going to buy my lift last week.............wife found a house that we like.....so we put in a bid & got it. We are hoping to keep our old house (lived in this house for 20 yrs). It will probably take us about 2 months to move & then we hope to rent it out. I am hoping to get my lift kit with some of the rent..........would really like to lift up my TJ before I'm too old to climb into it. My son is home with his YJ from Cal State LA. This also means that instead of working on my TJ - I get the YJ ready for the trip back. It's been running a little warm up here, so I got a new radiator for it (from radiator.com). Took the old one out - put the new one in - filled it up & started the engine to open the t-stat/top it off/cap it...........looked down & the harmonic balancer was doing the happy monkey dance..........reverse the radiator thing - pull the harmonic balancer (the rubber thing in the middle is worn out). I'm off tomorrow - so I'll go get a new one, along with a set of u-joints for the rear drive shaft. Also looked like the motor mounts are pretty sloppy - those are next.....& then a look @ the steering linkage bushings. He goes back before the 15th - hope to finish before it's time to go. The new house has a much larger garage (my wife thinks it was my only criteria, but I also liked the master bedroom bathroom. master bedroom walk in closets & the yard. She did get a little excited when while she was describing the dining room to her brother, I asked "It has a dining room?".......... I ramble on.........guess I'll stop....

Reply to
Carlo Jr.

Garage with living space attached, huh? =)

Reply to
jbjeep

cash out while your house is still owner ocupide.

get money to fix jeep and down payment.

83 CJ 8, a work in progress
out the "XXX" to e-mail me
Reply to
Evan

yeah.........my couch in the garage was broken.......for some odd reason, my wife just didn't care for it. she has been telling me to get rid of it for several years...........she found another one for the new garage @ a.......well.....a garage sale. It is nicer, but really short.

Reply to
Carlo Jr.

do they have garage couches @ swap meets???

Reply to