This Oughta Push Brently Over The Edge

I served my country. I defended with life and limb your right to spew your idiotic nonsense. You think you'd be able to have free speech if this country were run like many others where telephones, internet, radio, television are controlled as they are in Iran, Russia, China, etc? I do volunteer work with mentally and physically handicapped. I do volunteer work with seniors, and with kids.

So, to repeat myself, just what is it you have done or do to make America a better place?

You can fool some of the people all of the time. You can fool all of the people some of the time. But, Brent, you make a fool of yourself anytime :0)

You complain about the problems with the United States and it's freedom, speed traps, etc. Here are some quotes which seem appropriate to how bad this nation is....

"First, we should remain the closest ally of the US, and as allies influence them to continue broadening their agenda. We are the ally of the US not because they are powerful, but because we share their values. I am not surprised by anti-Americanism; but it is a foolish indulgence. For all their faults and all nations have them, the US are a force for good; they have liberal and democratic traditions of which any nation can be proud. I sometimes think it is a good rule of thumb to ask of a country: are people trying to get into it or out of it? It's not a bad guide to what sort of country it is.

ambassadors in London," The Guardian, 7 January 2003.]

Actually, I now see that U.S. Conservative pundit George Will was referring to a "gate test" indicator by the spring of 1992. To an audience in Columbus, Ohio, he remarked, "Most of all, America passes the critical gate test," Will said to applause. "Open the gate and see where people go -- in or out. This is still the country people flock to."

The Columbus Dispatch, 29 April 1992, Pg. 4B.]

The third dimension of power has to do with the overall attractiveness of a particular society, culture and way of life. Its crudest measure is the number of people inside a country who want to get out compared to the number outside who want to get in. (One might call this the Statue of Liberty test.)

Don't go away mad Brent.... just go away. I'd like to help you out... which door did you come in? Don't think it hasn't been pleasant... because it hasn't.

Reply to
Spike

You are actually ignorant enough to believe that. General Butler makes it very clear what purpose military men actually serve with little exception.

I already posted that. What have you done to make america a better place?

Keep up that projection.

You're actually ignorant enough to believe that. Why don't you look up why your military brethren are being killed and maimed in Iraq today. Read the history. Start with operation Ajax when the US and UK governments overthrew the government of Iran in the 1950s. Read how the CIA trained Saddam Hussain and helped him take power in Iraq. Learn the history. It will shock you whom you ACTUALLY served. Read up on operation northwoods, the gulf of tokin, the USS main, the USS liberty. See how you've been manipulated. Inform yourself.

You're clueless and conditioned. You have no clue. Turn off the TV. Learn some history. Learn the Bill of Rights. Learn what liberty really is. It's not waving the flag and serving masters.

I don't think you have the balls to learn the history. It will shock your world too hard.

There are documentaries that include everything from operations Ajax and northwoods to the USS liberty on google video. Do you have the guts to open your mind and learn something? It's at your fingertips.

I'm trying to help you out. Try to give you a light through the fog and conditioning. But, some people can't be helped. This is my last attempt, you've been led to water... are you going to drink?

Reply to
Brent P

:>> :> I'd like to think the snowbird thing was just for the old farts. :>> :>However, I've seen this " I can count the pebbles in the asphalt" :>> :>technique from much younger drivers with northern plates. I can only :>> :>conclude that people from any area with any kind of real winter weather :>> :>can't drive worth shit compared to the warm state natives. :>>

:>> Well I'm a New Englander currently living in Maryland and we NE'ers :>> don't find it necessary to slow down to 35 mph on the interstates :>> every time it drizzles. In my experience, MD drivers and those in :>> neighboring states , plus the District, are far worse than anything I :>> experienced in NE in 30+ years of winters, summers, etc... :>

:>You've got that right. :>

:>I left Pennsylvania during a "blizzard" (hey, it was snowing, snowing hard, :>so the "meteoroligists" were all calling it a blizzard). We were doing about :>55 on I-95, heading south. By Baltimore, it was 45, but in Washington, DC :>(where the snow had accumulated as much as 1/2" already), traffic was :>stopped. :>

:>It's like they'd never seen the stuff before. I understand that EVERY snow :>in Washington is the first snow.

LOLOL! They cancel school here for an inch of snow and DC seems to come to a standstill at the slightest hint of any sort of precipitation. Some of the worst drivers in the country seem to be in this area.

:>dwight :>

Reply to
Sarah Czepiel

Brent is not nearly as paranoid as he appears at first glance.

thumbs up for Brent.

Bernard

Reply to
bernard farquart

DC comes to a standstill even without precipitation because it's in the air... just look at the politicians.

Reply to
Spike

When you say "not nearly," does that still put him in the "very" category? Or are you leaning more toward "somewhat" or "mildly"?

:()

Reply to
dwight

You're not paranoid if there really are people out to get you.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

That's what Hilary said. And in her case, at least, it was true.

:()

Reply to
dwight

Paranoia isn't realizing what happens to other people and realizing there is no reason it couldn't happen to one's self or others. The alternative is just dismissing things and saying 'it will never happen to me'.

Just something to ponder:

Brent P

Here's something for you to read, Brently. Reads like an biography for you, I imagine.

CobraJet