This Week On Motorweek... Mustang GT and Ford GT!!

I take the day off to get some work done around the yard. While I come in to grab a quick bite to eat and to rehydrate, I flip on the TV to catch up on the news, but there's a commercial on. So I flip over to Speed Channel and lo and behold they actually have a show on that's worth watching. It's Top Gear. The show is biased as hell toward European cars, but it's still entertaining so I continue watching. I'm munching down on a sandwich as Top Gear ends and the next half hour brings Motorweek. "Damn, it's two o'clock in the afternoon on a Wednesday. Who the hell is going to be tuning in to watch Motorweek at this time slot?" How about resheduling for 8pm? Well, anyway, that's a rant for another thread.

Now let me tell you out this week's Motorweek. It rocks! First up, is the Dodge Magnum SRT8. That thing is a bad boy car! It rips off a

0-60 in 5 flat, and devours the quarter in 13.4 @ 104 mph. Next up is the Ford GT. It runs 0-60 in 3.8 and does the quarter in 12.2 @ 122 mph. You got to hear the engine sounds this thing makes! The last car in the show (saving the best for last?) is the Mustang GT. It sounds damn good too, and it runs a stellar 0-60 in 5.2 and the quarter in 13.8 @ 103.

Check out this show, you'll like it!

Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:1125530634.517074.216610 @g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

sounds

Wait a minute, Patrick. Let's back up a bit. The SRT8 does 0-60 in

5, the 1/4 in 13.4 @ 108 and the Mustang GT does 0-60 in 5.2, the 1/4 in 13.8 @ 103? A factory station wagon beating a pony car? What's up with that? And what were those yahoos saying about the Hemi?

And yes, Kate - things are ok down here. Just a few scrapes and bruises. Thanks for asking.

Joe

The Hemi wagon trips the lights at 104 not 108. Though it is handicapped somewhat with a traction control system that can't be fully turned off.

Tell me, Joe... what were them yahoos saying about that mean ol' Hemi? Patrick '93 Cobra

Reply to
NoOption5L

Is this the same Top Gear that is also showing on the Discovery channel?

Sounds like it; I'm watching it right now. In this episode, after they had their way with a Ferrari and an Aston Martin, the older host says something to the effect of, "So, we hear that you over in what we call the colonies, that is the United States and Australia, have learned how to build cars." Audience politely laughs.

He then takes both an Aussie Holden Monaro and a Chrysler "The Car" (who cares what that monstrosity is called, It's Got A HEMI?. Argh.) for a romp. The line that cracked me up was about the Monaro: He's cruising around and he says, "Look at this, we're going 60 MPH in top gear and barely turning 1500 RPMs. It's just idling! (To the car) You fat Ozzie slacker!" :)

Reply to
Garth Almgren

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

My bad - sorry for the typo. But it's still faster than the Mustang.

I'm sure you can google it..

Joe