Throttle body spacer

What is a throttle body spacer & how does it help?

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

It's a piece of aluminum (3/8" - 1/2" thick) that sits under the intake elbow thus increasing the volume of the intake manifold, and it doesn't help - at least not on a 4.6. Magazine tests show big power from one, but real world testing shows maybe a couple of HP. A couple of HP is within variation of the dyno itself, so I say skip it.

Reply to
Keith

The cheapest I've found was $80 on eBay + shipping... and for 2hp I don't think I'm gonna do that. I was more curious than anything anyway. I appreciate it, Keith.

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Agreed.

Not worth it.:bandit:

-Will

-- TARZAN

TARZAN

Usually it is what interfaces the EGR (on a 5.0) it goes between the t-body and the upper intake. For high performance, a spacer can be added to make the engine think that it has a bigger intake manifold- more plenum area. This is more common on carburated setups (think carb spacers). These spacers can gain valuble tourque and horsepower.

Reply to
Caplanh