Tilt Steering Wheel Conversion... 90 - 93

1990 GT

Question.....

Anyone have the best advice on switching the steering wheel over to tilt? I know that the 87-89 have the tilt w/ out Air Bags. The 90 -93 have the air bag w/ out Tilt. I want to keep the air bag and add the tilt.

I have noticed that the Crown Vic has the same style steering wheel w/ tilt (looks like the Mustang). Could this work?????

Any advice with this subject would be helpful.......

Thanks, JT

Reply to
JT

I know when changing the 90 - 93 to tilt from an earlier Mustang you need to change most of the dash or the covers around the column will not fit. My neighbor attempted this, but gave up looking for parts and put the original stuff back in. I doubt you could use a CV steering column in a Mustang.

Reply to
Mike King