Tire rubbing problem

My front tires rub on the bottom portion of the fender when the wheels are slightly turned. Otherwise, clearance is fine. Any suggestions as to how I can roll the bottom edge of the fender about 1/2 an inch to avoid this problem? It is a 66 Mustang coupe and the tires are 215 65 R15. The old tires were 205 70 R14 which were about the same diameter, but the tire width is what is causing the problem. They are .39 inch wider and .7 inch larger diameter.

Reply to
Nevada Larry

I moved up to 225/50Z16s in my 65 FB, and had the same problem following a Cobra Drop/Negative Wedge kit. New front coil springs cleared that up. Mine still had original springs which had weakened through the years. (I need to replace the rear springs next to get rid of the "heavy driver lean") Another consideration is if lowering springs were combined with a Cobra Drop, which would increase the amount of lowering. There is a 1 inch spring seat which would possibly also solve the problem.

Reply to
veegerNO SPAM

You can roll the fender lip using a rubber mallet and something hard but padded for support on the outside of the fender while pounding on the inside fender lip.

mike

Reply to
Michael