Tires for 2003 GT

What the best replacement tires for the Mustang

2003 GT these days...

Seems the OEM tires only last 35,000 miles.

gerry Ft Collins, Co

Reply to
Gerry

I'm quite happy with my Khumos on my 99 GT.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

I have a subscription to Consumer Reports on-line. They list 5 types of tires:

All-season Performance all-season Ultra-performance Winter Winter performance

What are you interested in for your Mustang in CO?

Reply to
John

35,000 out of a set of gatorbacks is better than normal.
Reply to
me

You got 35K from a set of Goodyears? Let alone Gatorbacks?! You must drive like my grandma. I'm on my 3rd pair of Kumhos on the front of my

89, until I hit the lotto or sell it that's what I plan to keep on the front wheels.
Reply to
WindsorFox

Not enough information. Tires have more impact on vehicle performance than almost anything else on the car. Asking the question like this is like asking, "I have to fix my car, what tool should I use?" Do you drive it in the winter? Do you regularly run a road course, or just commute sedatly to Denver in heavy traffic on I-25? Is your main goal performance or longevity? Anybody who makes a recommendation without knowing this type of information is just blowing smoke. Go to the Tire Rack web site. They can help you pick the right tire according to your needs.

Reply to
.boB

Nope, it's called lots of highway mileage.

I never got more than 30K-35K on a set of tires for my Mustangs, but now that my driving is almost all highway, 35K is the low end of my tires' life.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOption5L
2003 GT these days... >

Not enough information. Tires have more impact on vehicle performance than almost anything else on the car. Asking the question like this is like asking, "I have to fix my car, what tool should I use?" Do you drive it in the winter? Do you regularly run a road course, or just commute sedatly to Denver in heavy traffic on I-25? Is your main goal performance or longevity? Anybody who makes a recommendation without knowing this type of information is just blowing smoke. Go to the Tire Rack web site. They can help you pick the right tire according to your needs.

Thanks for the info ...

after a All-season tire and I do drive the Mustang in the winter unless we get lots of snow, then have a 4x4 ..

It is mostly around town driving and every so often down to Denver and in summer east and west on I-80.

Will check out the Tire Rack WEB site

gerry

Reply to
Gerry

Top 5 All Season tires are:

Brand and model Overall score Dry Wet Winter Comfort Other indicates a Quick Pick meriting first consideration.

Goodyear Assurance TripleTred 80. Michelin X Radial DT 79. Hankook Mileage Plus II H725 73. Yokohama Avid TRZ 71. Michelin HydroEdge 68.

Reply to
John

Once again! The top 5 All Season tires are: Goodyear Assurance TripleTred Michelin X Radial DT Hankook Mileage Plus II H725 Yokohama Avid TRZ Michelin HydroEdge

Reply to
John

WTF??!!!

Reply to