Trash Talking Before The Rumble

With ithis already going on, you can bet the pony car wars are REALLY going to heat up. Read on...

Reply to
NoOption5L

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news:1155778071.122201.32220 @p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com:

Gotta love it!

Reply to
Joe

On 16 Aug 2006 18:27:51 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com puked:

I agree here. Are the concept cars functional or mock ups? They should have driven by and laid a pair of thirty foot strips of rubber...

lab~rat >:-)

Considering the Challenger is a rebody of an existing two ton four door and the Camaro is an all-new purpose built platform, the fact that the Challenger is more street ready than the Camaro as of August '06 is pretty meaningless. But you gotta love the silliness of it. Just like the old days. Those old muscle cars are goofy-ass things, but back in the '60s', before so many got their carrots permanently installed in their butts, everyone loved them.

180 Out
Reply to
one80out

One of the rags, Automobile I think? tested a Camaro Mock-up and it was strictly a 40mph car with nothing usuable other than a dream in it.

I think these wars are wonderful! In an age where the rice rockets all look a like, the cars that started it all coming back again, is great!

GM/DC/Ford MAKE YOUR BASELINE MODELS REASONABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and you will have customers lined up at the doors.

Overprice them, and good luck..............

Reply to
freak

Muscle cars! We're not going to start this war again. They are Pony cars..... :) Since the Barracuda was actually first, guess they are Fish cars.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 21:46:05 -0700, "Big Al" wrote something wonderfully witty:

Well yeah ok the Barracuda beat the Mustang to the market by two weeks back in 64. However, original marketing for the vehicle stressed its convenience features and design more than sporty performance, which would hurt its performance image for the next several years. Now when you talk about "Pony Cars" only one is actually named after a real pony and hence defined the entire breed.

Now there are Muscle cars, but they are a completely different breed of animal :) Now where did I tie up that damn Goat. "A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship." -- Alexander Tyler

Reply to
ZombyWoof

On 17 Aug 2006 10:06:54 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com puked:

A lot of people still do, at least that's what GM and DC are counting on...

lab~rat >:-)

Not sure if it was fully functional... but the local new show new camaro driving around the parking lot... LOL!

IMHO, i think front looks like a mutated Caddy (the 2 seater Caddy) while he rear looks like some one slapped the bottom half of a Vette on (those 1/2 Vette taillights)... the middle was ok... LOL!

Reply to
John S.