Nissan in Japan

Greetings,

I just returned from a business trip to Tokyo. The cars on the road were amazing. I was like a kid in the candy store. There were so many Nissans out there that I was not even aware of! I didn't even stop to realize that only a handful of their products actually make it to North American.

Still drooling, Brown Hornet

Reply to
Brown Hornet

For your next trip to Tokyo, you must visit Nissan's showroom in Ginza. It's small but you will be able to pick up lots of product information. Nissan currently has a very cool information packet for the 350Z.

Regards,

-- Matt Costanza Aust> Greetings,

Reply to
Matt Costanza

Matt,

Thanks for the tip. I'll be back in a couple months. I'll check it out!

-- Brown Hornet

Reply to
Brown Hornet

Of course, they all drive on the wrong side of the road. :)

Kai Ponte

amazing. I was like a kid in the candy store. There were so many Nissans out there that I was not even aware of! I didn't even stop to realize that only a handful of their products actually make it to North American.

Reply to
abc

Reply to
KINGLIFER

amazing. I was like a kid in the candy store. There were so many Nissans out there that I was not even aware of! I didn't even stop to realize that only a handful of their products actually make it to North American.

Reply to
inquisitiveman2002

BZZZT Wrong!

Right hand drive, on the left side of the road. Glad I never got used to it, or readjusting to US driving would have been a nightmare.

Reply to
Ian

I didn't even try, while I was there. Just sitting in the passenger seat up front was odd (as that's where I sit in MY car to drive!).

Reply to
Brown Hornet

It's the same in Germany too.

The traffic is just alot crazier in Japan! :)

Reply to
Brown Hornet

I've been to Japan, UK, and Australia. It is right hand drive, driving on left side of road.

Reply to
inquisitiveman2002

Nein! Du Kohlkoph! :)

No, actually, Germans (along with the rest of Europe) drive on the same side as the US. Only the UK and Ireland drive on the right. Makes for an intersting conversion going throught he chunnel. (Which I never have.) I used to drive my friend's Audi 80 over in Germany when I lived there.

The only counties driving on the other side are the Brits and most of the commenwealth countries and South Africa. Japan, for some reason, is also on that list.

Kai

Reply to
Kai Ponte

I'm not sure what the "Commonwealth Countries" you refer to are... but if you mean "former British Colonies", I'll concur. If not, I'll point out that some Caribbean & similar (formerly British) Islands do LHD.

"Ya mon, we drave on de rong side"

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob

Humorous story #607:

On my first trip to Bermuda (a left hand country), me, my wife, and another couple got into a taxi/shuttle for the ride to the hotel. The driver headed out the parking lot and onto the narrow causeway that ties the airport island to the next island. Halfway across, we all saw a bus heading across the causeway toward us, ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD !!! Everyone in the car did a sharp intake of breath and stiffened for the collision we were sure was to follow. As the bus smoothly passed us on the right side, we all let out our breath as we remembered it was a LHD country.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob