Turn Cobra into a GT?

I would like the power of a Cobra, but honestly, I like the looks of a GT or Mach 1 better. The Cobra is cool, but it has more of that "exotic sports car" look to it. I am more into the old-fashion "hot rod" look. I think the GTs look awesome. So... I wonder if anyone has ever taken a Cobra and swapped the bumpers, hood, wheels etc to give it more of a GT look. My guess is that no one has done this merely because it would hurt the value, but... asking just for kicks. I wonder if it would be possible to do such swaps (bumpers, hood, wheels)? Or, I suppose someone will recommend that I try the opposite approach and just get a GT and put a supercharger on it to boost the power to Cobra levels... I suppose that may be a less expensive option. I sure hope that the next Cobra Mustang looks cool and is violently fast.

Reply to
jack0554

The latest issue of 5.0 takes a MACh1 with a Vortech supercharger vs. a Cobra. I think you'll get the info you needed.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG

As MadDAWG said - look at the Mach1. It's got the 01 Cobra motor in a GT styled car (with shaker hood to boot). It would be cheaper (now and for resale) to get one of these instead of ripping up a Cobra.

Reply to
bartman01

The Mach was superior, but that supercharger was a much better model than what comes on the stock Cobra.

-Rich

Reply to
Richard

The whole point is he wants Cobra power with a classic look. The article just shows it can be done pretty easy. I'd do the same thing myself if I was in the market for a new Stang since I don't like the front end on the Cobra or the IRS.

MadDAWG

Reply to
MadDAWG