V10 Mustang

I was watching this program on the HD discovery channel. They were getting ready for the Ford "Daisy" project. Daisy is the code name for the new Shelby Cobra. Well, they were testing the V10 they will be using in the cobra by sticking it in a '03 Mustang GT. they had to modify the hood a bit to get it to fit. OH MAN!!!! Heck with the new Cobra (I couldn't afford it anyway) I want that mustang with that V10 in it. It was so cool watching that beast drive up and down the ford parking lot with the back end all lit up and smoking the hell out of those tires. That was the most bad-assed Mustang I have ever seen. I WANT ONE! (or two)

-brian

Reply to
DumberThanSnot

Here's some things to think about.

-Prototype Mustang with V-10 is shown. Possible 2006 Mustang Cobra?

-It's now dead.

-Engine goes into the new Shelby Cobra at $100,000+ a pop.

-Ford needs something to compete against the Viper and the GT40 is too expensive.

-Meanwhile, there is now a void; No new Mach-1 or Mustang Cobra yet. Questions?

-What engine will the new Mustang Cobra have?

-Will the Mach-1 (if it comes out) still sport a 4 valve per cylinder instead of the 3-valve in the 2005 GT?

-Will Chevy supercharge the Vette now that the GTO has the same powerplant?

-Will Chrysler ever bring out a 2-door car that has the 5.9 Hemi?

Reply to
Richard

k... I'll take it! ;-)

powerplant?

I don't think they would put the same Shelby Cobra engine in a Mustang Cobra so that I could afford it... but, here's to keeping hope alive!

-brian

Reply to
DumberThanSnot

r-Will Chrysler ever bring out a 2-door car that has the

ive been asking my self this question for years. it is utterly incomprehensible thatt they havnt doen this yet. i cant even imagine what the hell is holding them back

Reply to
idahoprime

Weren't they going to come out with a new charger? PJ

Reply to
pj.rivera

When Chrysler got that bail-out from the guvmint, wasn't part of the deal that they wouldn't manufacture any more cars with V8s in them? Something to do with gas & environment?

Thot I saw it mentioned here a few months back.

Reply to
Jafo

Jafo,

I don't remember that. But even if it was part of the agreement, Chrysler paid off any obligations on that deal a LONGGGGGGG time ago.

As for your question, don't worry Chrysler has V8 power coming to it's car models soon.

Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD

Reply to
Patrick