Ford can't move 'em!

I was offered at a local Ford dealership, a brand new 2002 T-Bird. Fully optioned, for $30,000. I thought this car was almost $40,000? No wonder I see a sea of unsold minivans at their Oakville, Ontario production plant.

-Rich

Reply to
Richard

Yep, a new 2004 T-bird, well-equipped, has a MSRP in the 40K$US range.

And, according to Edmunds, 30K$US is the average retail price for a pristine, fully optioned, very-low-milage 2002 T-bird. It is, after all, a 2-year old car.

Reply to
Bob Willard

at 20 Feb 2004, Richard [ snipped-for-privacy@rogers.com] wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

A 2002 T-Bird? Is that a typo? If not, it definately is not brand new even though it has never been titled. How many miles on the odo? This may have been a 'demo'. Which is what the sales people/managers drive until they reach a certain mileage (5000/7500) or it gets sold. It's one of their 'perks'.

Reply to
Paul

Back in May '03, a local dealership here had two loaded 2002 Thunderbirds for $30k each. They also had just gotten a beautiful 2003 Dark Shadow Gray Lightning. My wife & I drove the T-bird: didn't like it. At 6'1", I had zero headroom with the soft top up, the seats were flat and unsupportive, and the power was just adequate. We then test drove the Lightning (about $3k more) and came back and bought it the next day. :)

-- Jim

Reply to
Jim J

Don't you just love lightning's :)

Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

Yep! I would have never guessed that the baddest car I ever owned would be a *truck*! :D

-- Jim

Reply to
Jim J

I saw a brand new '02 never titled sell for $21K at a local Ford dealer. No one wants ugly cars.

AnthonyS

Reply to
Anthony S