whoa!! $643 for a clutch install

Personally I think that the Marquis de Sade personally sharpened the edges of the bell housing to a razor edge.

Steve 'keep a back up vehicle handy to drive yourself (and your detached fingers) to the local ER'

Larry Hep> Given today's labor rates that sounds like a reasonable price.

Reply to
steve

LOL, exactly right!

Reply to
Larry Hepinstall

I had my first clutch job in my '87 GT at 112,000 miles, and it was due to the cable, not the clutch. Do yourself a favor, and stick with a clutch or Ford Motorsport kit. They are the easiest to drivev. I am not sure about the later GTs, but on my GT the clutch cable with the plastic quadrant needed to be replaced with the clutch job. All in all, the quote you got sounds fair, but you may need to spend about $100 for a clutch cable and an hour to install it.

Where in the LA are you?

Todd

Marc wrote:

Reply to