New clutch is nice!

Got the 1995 9000CS back today with its new clutch. I think the old one had been slipping for as long as I owned it and I just thought that was the way Saabs shifted. With the new one there's a definite clutch point which I could never find on the old one. It shifts so slickly, it's really nice. However, I'm having to learn how to shift all over again and stall out half the time after a stop.

snipped-for-privacy@madmousergraphics.com

design, print design, photography

Reply to
LauraK

Told you they normally slip for many miles before eventually giving up :-)

Glad you got it fixed. For reference (since this gets asked a lot by other US Saabers), how much did it cost, and what else did you have replaced?

Reply to
Grunff

I went to an independent mechanic who was recommended by someone in town from this group. He's good. Does Volvos, Saabs, BMWs and Porsches. Total bill was $1,150. That also included an oil change, checking the alternator (the alternator is fine, the display on the dash is wrong) and general maintenance (lube, top up fluids, check the tire pressure, etc.) He's good about telling me things I need to be looking out for. For the clutch, he replaced the clutch assembly (Clutch kit $306), Slave Cylinder ($180), T/O Bearing ($30), Rear main seal ($21) Total labor was $480 (8 hours at $60 an hour).

snipped-for-privacy@madmousergraphics.com

design, print design, photography

Reply to
LauraK

Sounds like he did a 'proper job' then, $60 an hour sounds pretty reasonable as well.

Matt

Reply to
**-**