Widening wheels

Anyone on here ever widened a wheel by having it cut and and a new piece welded in?

I'm guessing not, but having a 93 Cobra, there are VERY few choices for this car in the 4 lug with the right backspace, that don't look like the wheels off that guy's car in Escape from LA... you kids may not remember that.

I can't see the issue here other than the potential cost.

Anyone???

Thank you.

Brad

Reply to
Brad and Karen

car in the 4 lug with the right backspace, that don't look like the wheels off that guy's car in Escape from LA... you kids may not remember that.

I have not had it done... but I know a few guys that have... as you said, no issue other than cost....

Reply to
John S.

You can do what I did to my '89 LX which is switch to five lug. Then you will open up your options substantially.

Reply to
Michael Johnson

Centerline has a pretty broad selection of wheels. They'll make most anything in whatever size/BS/lug pattern you need. Not nearly as expensive as you might think.

2006 FXDI hot rod 2008 Mustang Coupe 2001 Dodge Dakota QC 5.9/4x4/3.92 1966 Mustang Coupe - Daily Driver 1965 FFR Cobra - 427W EFI, Damn Fast.
Reply to
.boB

Thanks guys.

Brad