Window Regulator Help

94 conv GT power window RH side.

The window stops as it goes up and needs manual help to get it all the way up. I've replaced the motor and this has not fixed it. The window vibrates when it tries to go up. There is a vertical streak on the glass and something may be jamming.

I think the next step is to replace the regulator?

Does anyone have a step by step guide / instructions to replace the regulator please?

Thanks Robert

Reply to
Robert

Smart money would be on finding out what is causing the problem before spending any more money. Remove the door panel and do some diagnostics.... It very likely could be the regulator but you'll never know without actually checking the problem out.

Reply to
Jim Warman

I had the same thing happen to my 94. Your problem is probably the three bushings that are inside where the motor is. I bought a kit off ebay for five bucks and it completely solved the problem.

Ross

Reply to
Ross Ondrusek

Thanks. Are the bushings part of the regulator? Are they straightforward to replace?

Ross > I had the same thing happen to my 94. Your problem is probably the

Reply to
Robert

Robert,

Sorry for the delay...no, the bushings are not part of the regulator, they are inside where the motor is in a little case... You go through the door speaker to get to it. You will know when you find them, except mine were in about a thousand pieces due to wear and time. As far as the install, it wasn't too bad, the only problem was it is a little tight where the case mounts to the door. Hopefully you get instructions from whoever you buy them from. If you do an ebay search for mustang window repair, you should find some. Hope that helps.

Reply to
Ross Ondrusek