Would You Buy a Ford Version?

I like it!

But would anyone else buy one/

Patrick

Reply to
NoOp

Yes. Hell I'd drive the Holden especially if I could get a LHD model. Id also like to see Ford make a serial hybrid like the Volt except with a little diesel to run the generator.

Reply to
WindsorFo

Brent

It's not my thing, but... Only 348hp out of a 6.0? Do they measure things differently down under?

dwight

Reply to
dwight

Umm, it's Australia I think there is a conversion. There used to be a kid from Au. that gamed with us on UT and we discussed cars a good bit and I remember him calculating a conversion to translate horse power between the two of us.

Reply to
WindsorFo

Thanks for the info/link.

I think I like the Holden better. Though the first third/front of the vehicles are quite similar, I think the Holden retains the "car-look" better than the slab-sided Ford Falcon ute. And the flared-up "cab" window on the Ford looks misplaced.

I see a market for these vehicles now, especially with the empty-nest folks. With gas prices up, and unlikely to ever go [way] back down why not one of these? You'd retain the open bed to haul bulky things and I'd guess you have enough suspension to pull small trailers, but without the lumbering size/poor mpg of a full sized pickup. Sure you wouldn't be able to haul and tow thousands and thousands of pounds, but how often do most people do that? So there you have it: a vehicle capable of hauling furniture, big-box store goodies, and yet a nice, well-handling, comfortable cruiser for the day-to-day commute or long, cross-country trip.

Patrick

Reply to
NoOp

Look at them both from 01-06. That's the one Thomas and I discussed. Back about 00 or 02 I joined the Ford mailing list from Au. I really liked the 300+ HP 4 door Falcon they had from SVT. Talk about your 4DSC...

Reply to
WindsorFo

There used to be a V8 version, but now all I see are the I6 versions for the current model year.

Reply to
Brent