Would you buy another Stilo?

I have had so many problems in the time that I've had my second-owner Stilo Dynamic 1.6, that Fiat just aren't interested in (OK, it is well outside it's warranty but one of the problems is something that was reported in-warranty that they've had six attempts at fixing) that not only will I never buy another Stilo - a shame as on the surface it is at least an interesting looking car - but I'll never touch a Fiat again.

Anyone else found themselves put of this marque for life by the Stilo?

Reply to
Bloater

Had a few monor problems with my 2003 1.9 JTD Dynamic (owned from new). ABS & EBD fault when starting the car; dealership couldn't find anything wrong. Drivers side heated mirror stopped heating (not covered by warranty after

1st year), turbo pipe split (not covered by warranty after 1st year), oil leak (repaired under warranty), lights behind heater controls intermittent (fixed by hitting the side of the centre console from time to ime), rear brake caliper seized (not covered by warranty after after 1st year).

Main issue for me was the ABS & EBD warning and the delaers inability to find anything wrong. That coupled with the relatively high srevice prices has forced me to trade the STilo in for a new Toyota Avensis and I haven't looked back since. I liked the Stilo and it was quite a lot of car for the money but after 3 years the Italian quality was starting to show!

Andy!

Reply to
Andrew

I've had my Stilo 1.9 jtd multiwagon dynamic for 4 years now. The only problem I had was last month, the car computer did not allways recognise my car key, so sometimes it would not start on the first try. A new key solved the problem. If the company I work for tells me to choose an other car (its a company car) I will order one again without hesitation. I hope the new bravo will come as a station as well.

regards

Sjors

Reply to
sjors

I've had a 1.9 JTD(115) active since Jan 2003 (reg Nov 02).

Since then I've had two faults:

June 06 - The locking switch on the drivers door (fixed for free with solder)

October 06 - airbag fault light. Diagnosed as the passenger seat weight sensor. I am seeking a second hand replacement otherwise it'll be £150

  • VAT for DIY replacement.

There is an intermittent fault with one rear fog light, only occurs when the boot is slammed hard and it's cool/cold weather. The bulb seems to come loose but often goes away after 10 mins of driving. Prob just the holder is a bit loose.

Not bad in almost four years of average mileage driving IMO (touch wood!).

Replaced all four brake shoes yesterday, a bit awkward to wind back the piston on the rear brakes but no probs otherwise.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

I've had a 1.6 Active for three years now and have suffered a few faults but (and it is a big "but") it has never let me down. Compared to some of the other cars I have had to drive recently, it is supremely comfortable and over the years I have owned it it has always provided a constant 35mpg. If I had to choose between a Fiat Stilo and a Ford Focus or a Vauxhall Astra, the Stilo would win every time for comfort and accessories

Cheers Paul

Reply to
Paul Everest