350Z ProCharger Super Charger 400+HP and UZ Tune Pak

Has ANYONE used this or seen it? This seems to be the best thing out for the 350Z PLEASE any input would be greatly welcomed!!!!

Reply to
KINGLIFER

Check out my350Z.com and 350ZMotoring.com. There have been numerous discussions of the Procharger. Unfortunately, a lot of the discussions arose because of a couple of blown engines. The VQ35 is not designed to be able to handle a lot of boost. There are a number of fuel management issues, etc.

Reply to
DEW

Middlehursts in the UK are currently modding a Z with, I believe, a Stillen Supercharger.

Am waiting to hear reports on what difference this makes to the car, but will post if/when I hear anything.

rich

Reply to
rich

X-No-Archive:yes

8 verified and confirmed VQ35DE engines killed; rings or pistons blown by the ATI Pro Charger out of a claimed 100 sales for our car. Not very good statistics for ATI.

They had so many compla>

Reply to
B Rabbit

I took a look at this kit. IMO this kit has all the right ingredients except one. The 350Z has a compression ratio of 10.3 to 1. This compression is not boost friendly. The 300ZX n/a has a compression ratio of 10.5 but the "big brother" twin turbo compression is 8.5 to 1. The 1990-1996 300ZX TT also has larger oil jets to cool the bottom of the pistons than the normally aspirated model. The super charger kit should have included a thick metal head gasket to lower the compression ratio of the 350Z. To do this modification right the pistons should be replace to lower the compression to about 8 to 1 maximum and a method of cooling the pistons. Also while your at it install an oil cooler.

-LJ

the ATI Pro Charger out of a claimed 100 sales for our

Reply to
Levance

Oh man thanks for the information.

SO GLAD you guys showed me the light on this one.

Thank you again.

And since no one for some reason has said it.

Hope everyone... Nissan, Suburu, Toyota, and Ford alike (lol) HAVE A SAFE and HEALTHY NEW YEAR.

Reply to
KINGLIFER